Raspberry Pis are pocket-size tiny computers that are created to make learning and understanding programming languages easier. Raspberry Pi is a component that works like a small computer. It is a single-board computer (SBC’c). It contains memory, an interface as well as a processor that is soldered into one circuit board. Raspberry is built to make programming language fun. Today we are going to look at the best Raspberry Pi alternatives.
List Of Best Raspberry Pi Alternatives
Here’s the list which you will find helpful to choose the best Raspberry Pi alternatives. You can go through the same and enhance your knowledge about those alternatives.
1. Banana Pi M3
Banana Pi M3 is much better than Raspberry Pi in various aspects. It is a dual-core, Android 4.2 product with 2GB of RAM with an Octa-Core processor. This is the best Raspberry Pi alternative because despite its specifications it has several versions like Banana Pi M+, Banana Pi Pro, etc. It allows a faster option for connecting mass storage devices like hard drives; as it is fitted with a SATA port.
- Banana Pi M3 has 8GB eMMC storage & 2GB LPDDR3 RAM.
- Banana Pi M3 comes with an Octa-Core 1.8GHz processor and has PowerVR SGX544MP1 GPU.
2. ASUS Tinker Board S
This board has a powerful quad-core ARM-based processor, the Rockchip RK3288. This board is one of the best Raspberry Pi alternatives as it has a quad-core 1.8GHz Rockchip processor better than Raspberry Pi 3’s quad-core 1.2GHz processor. Raspberry Pi 3 has 1GB of memory, on the other hand, ASUS Tinker Board S has 2 GB of memory.
- It supports Android 6 OS/Debian 9.
- Asus Tinker Board has Dual-CH LPDDR3 2GB memory size.
3. NanoPi NEO4
NanoPi NEO4 is smaller in size as compared to Raspberry Pi. This board has rich hardware resources; and it is equipped with RK3399 SoC. The size of this PCB is only 60 x 45 mm. For rapid product prototyping, this is the best SBC.
- NanoPi NEO4 supports OpenGL ES1.1/2.0/3.0/3.1, DX11, OpenCL, and AFBC GPU.
- It has 1GB DDR3-1866 RAM.
4. Le Potato
Le Potato is a low-cost computer. This single-board computer is full of the latest technologies like Android 9/TV, upstream Linux, u-boot, Kodi, and more. And despite this, it has advanced low power technology, high-performance design, extensibility, and compatibility. Le Potato supports Android too. Due to these high-tech specifications, Le Potato is the best Raspberry Pi alternative.
- Le Potato has Form Factor Compatible with Raspberry Pi® 2/3 Model B/B+ and has Quad 64-bit Low Power Cores.
- Le Potato has Penta Core 3D GPU with OpenGL ES 2.0
5. Odroid XU4
Odroid XU4 is a new generation device for computing that includes hardware related to energy efficiency and smaller form factors. You can get amazing speed for data transfer from Odroid XU4 and it allows users to get a high experience of computer upgrading. It offers fast booting, 3D games, web browsing, networking, etc.
- It has a Quad-core 2GHz A15.
- Odroid XU4 has 2Gbyte LPDDR3 RAM PoP stacked.
6. RockPi 4 Model C
RockPi4 C is a well-known SBC for offering high-level performance to its users with good precision. RockPi4 has different expansion options that include a 40-pin GPIO interface. This GPIO interface is for input from buttons, sensors, LEDs, switches, and many more. RockPi4 model supports AI stack with GPU acceleration that boosts the complex machine learning algorithms.
- RockPi4 is a high-performing eMCC module.
- It has a 64-bit Hexa core processor that makes it powerful
7. NVIDIA Jetson Nano Developer Kit
It is a tiny AI computer that helps users to run applications such as image classification, segmentation, object detection, and speech processing. Raspberry Pi’s high-performance GPU is not as good as the NVIDIA Jetson Nano Developer Kit. That’s why it can be the best Raspberry Pi alternative.
- NVIDIA Jetson Nano Developer Kit comes with 128-core Maxwell GPU.
- It has 4 GB 64-bit LPDDR4 RAM with a transfer rate of 25.6 GB/s.
- It has the best video encoder and decoder.
8. UDOO BOLT
It is a portable supercomputer with a range of 3.6 GHz. UDOO BOLT includes AMD Ryzen embedded V1000 SoC. It is a top-notch, multicore CPU with a mobile GPU. There are several uses of UDOO BOLT such as cryptocurrency mining, AI, IoT, client-side 3D rendering, and many more.
- It is equipped with AMD Radeon Vega 8 Graphics.
- AMD Ryzen with V1605B SoC up to 3.6 GHz.
9. Pocket Beagle
Pocket Beagle is known as a tiny beagle open-source USB-key-fob computer. It comes with a different advantage that includes a slick design, lesser cost, simple usage, and many more things. This low-cost SBC is an ideal development board for beginners as well as professionals.
- Pocket Beagle has integrated power management.
- It comes with 512 MB DDR3 integrated RAM.
10. Onion Omega2+
Onion Omega2+ is a Linux-based; and Wi-Fi-developed board that is designed to build connected hardware applications. It is considered to be the most popular and widely accepted single-board computer for users. If you compare this version to its previous; then you can notice that it is installed with double memory and storage. Therefore, users are finding it very compatible for use. This version of Omega also includes a Micro SD card slot making it more productive.
- It has a 580MHz MIPS CPU with 128MB of DDR2 DRAM memory.
- It also has MT7688 SoC.
These are the best Raspberry Pi alternatives available for users. So, which one is suitable for you, tell us in the comment section.
Banana Pi is better than Raspberry Pi.
UDOO Bolt V8 is the most powerful single board computer.
Raspberry Pi 400 is the most powerful Raspberry Pi.