Is BlueStacks X not working on Mac? No problem, we’ve got you covered. Android gaming on a Mac was a dream before BlueStacks. With time, more and more game lovers saw the convenience of BlueStacks with their Macs. And now with BlueStacks X, an even larger number of Mac users who are gaming enthusiasts are being targeted because of its cloud streaming attributes. However, this dream is not really as easy as it sounds. Especially when there are issues in the running of BlueStacks X.
BlueStacks X and Its Compatibility for macOS
More often than not, it is not a huge problem and there is always a simple solution to it. But before we get to the actual matter, ensure that these few things apply to you:
The source and version
Always download from the official BlueStacks website instead of any other dodgy and questionable sites. Additionally, make sure that the version you have chosen to download is BlueStacks X and not any other version.
Support for your device
Since BlueStacks X requires specific compatibility, it would help if you check the same for your particular device beforehand. If your device is an M1 or M2 Mac with the current MacOS, BlueStacks X should work for you without issues. While optimally designed for these machines, it is also compatible with Intelx86 processors. Regarding the OS, BlueStacks X supports High Sierra and above, to the latest Monterey and Ventura.
Availability in your region
Another reason why you are running into problems with BlueStacks X could be that your region might not have been included in the release yet. Without using a VPN, check the BlueStacks downloads page to see if the option to download the BlueStacks X version is available to you.
If you have done everything right through these preliminary checks, then we can go through a few steps to figure out why BlueStacks X isn’t running correctly for you. Follow these simple steps to get BlueStacks X working on your Mac:
Methods to Fix BlueStacks X not working on Mac
1. Ensure you have the latest BlueStacks X update
Constant updates ensure the smooth working of any application. Hence, it is necessary to check if you have the latest update in case of frequent issues. For this, check the official website of BlueStacks to confirm that the version you have is the latest one.
- In case there is another version available, then you have to download the latest version.
- Once the download is done, install this version on your device.
- After successful installation, run BlueStacks X to check if updating the version solved your earlier issues.
2. Allow the required permissions for BlueStacks X to run
At times, the BlueStacks X may have been unable to get the required permissions for its smooth running. If a security warning pops up when you open BlueStacks X, then follow these steps to allow the permissions it requires:
- Click on Open Security & Privacy to open the security settings of your device.
- Locate the lock on the bottom-left corner of the security window and click on it to make changes.
- Provide the password of your device when prompted to and select Unlock.
- Just above the lock which will now be unlocked, find the information about BlueStacks X being blocked from running.
- Select Allow and then restart your device.
- If security permissions were your primary issue, then BlueStacks X should now work on your device.
- For versions of macOS Catalina and below, these steps remain the same. Following the steps as they appear on your screen after Security Settings should ideally solve your problems.
3. Reinstall BlueStacks X
There could be tiny technical issues preventing a smooth BlueStacks X run on your Mac. To get rid of these issues, a simple reinstall can sometimes work wonders. To do this, follow these steps:
- Locate your installed BlueStacks X and uninstall it by moving it to the Trash of your device.
- In the same way, uninstall VirtualBox as well.
- Now, from the official BlueStacks website, download the latest version of BlueStacks X.
- Follow the process of installation from the BlueStacks X folder on your Desktop.
- After running through the installation successfully, check if you are now able to access BlueStacks X without problems.
Always download from the official BlueStacks website and check for regular updates. This will ensure smooth operations of BlueStacks X on your Mac. If you run into a problem again, one of the above methods should work for you if your compatibility is clear and you do not have issues listed in the preliminary checks. While we can’t do much if BlueStacks X is unavailable for your region at the moment, basic compatibility checks and the latest updates can easily be checked and addressed.
With cloud streaming, BlueStacks X will indeed continue to support every Android gaming enthusiast who owns a Mac, if we can only fulfill their requirements and download its official version. Hopefully, after following the steps you know how to fix BlueStacks X not working on Mac.
Boost Your Brain in just 20 Seconds 💥