Let us see how you can create Signal account in a few simple steps. Signal is a messaging app that is similar to WhatsApp. This app lets you message and share audio, video, links, photos, calls, etc with friends. Moxie Marlinspike (American cryptographer) developed this application.
Stay Updated With Latest Tech News
The application experienced a large number of downloads when WhatsApp came with its terms for privacy. Because of this, the app is now currently sitting at the No.1 position in messaging platforms with more than 10 million downloads on Google Play Store.
The great thing is that the app is completely free and can be used by anyone. Compatible devices for this app are Windows, Android, Linux, Mac, and iPhone. If you want to know how you can use this app, let’s get started. It is safe to say that you can use the application on almost all devices.
Steps To Create Signal Account
- First, you have to download and install this app on your device. You can download it from Signal’s official website.
- After opening the app you will need to allow the permission that the app asks for.
- On the upcoming page, you will be asked to enter the current phone number that you desire to open the account with. You can use any phone number, it just has to be with you for the next step. After you have registered your phone number, you can press Continue.
- An OTP will be sent to your number containing the verification code, enter it and continue. After you have successfully entered the 6-digit code, you will be verified. Signal will ask if you want to automatically enter the code. If not, enter it manually. It is better to allow the app to do it automatically because it will save time and effort.
- After all that, pick a nice profile image and upload it. Also, give your account a name that suits you. Or just name the account by your real name.
- You will need to set a pin code for security. Keep something that will be easy to remember but not too obvious. Now, you are free to use the application.
Now, you can chat and share files with your friends. If you don’t trust WhatsApp then Signal will definitely help you keep your personal information safe and secure. The great thing about Signal is that the video quality is high and messages deliver much faster even on slow network connections. You can have both dark and light themes with tons of customization options.
It is a simple-to-use app without too many fancy features that might try to make it a social media app. If you have used Telegram before you will find yourself much more comfortable. Hopefully, now you know how to create Signal account quickly and easily with no risk of viruses.