In this article, we will learn how to delete or deactivate Threads account. A little over a week ago, we didn’t know the hold that the Threads app would have over us. Meta’s latest has indeed been making the waves and the news globally for various reasons since its launch.
While most users have whole-heartedly embraced its clean and sensible user interface, there are also a few users who have grown tired of the hype and want to sign themselves out. If you are one of them, this is how you go about deleting Threads from your life or if you prefer to forget about it for now and revisit it sometime later, you could just deactivate your profile.
Permanently Delete Threads Account
If the community-building on the Threads app is not your cup of tea and you cannot wait to make it disappear from your life forever, there’s a big point for you to note: you can’t get rid of it and keep your Instagram account intact. Since the Threads app uses your Instagram credentials for the purpose of onboarding, if you choose to delete your profile from Threads, it will also mean bidding farewell to your Instagram account.
Note: As of now, the only way to delete a Threads account is by deleting the linked Instagram account.
If you’re not a big fan of Instagram either and leaving the platform wouldn’t make a difference to you, you can follow the steps below to get rid of both Instagram and Threads at once.
- Open your profile on the Threads App by tapping on the Profile Icon.
- Now, Tap on the Hamburger Menu present above your display picture.
- From the list of options here, select ‘Account’ and then go to ‘Other Account Settings’.
- This will take you to the Settings in your Instagram account. Here, select ‘See More in Accounts Centre’.
- On the next screen, tap on ‘Personal Details’.
- Select the last option here, ‘Account Ownership and Control’, and then in the next screen, select ‘Deactivation or Deletion’.
- For the next step, Select the Instagram profile that you logged onto Threads with and now wish to delete.
- Select ‘Delete Account’ and hit ‘Continue’.
- Next, you will be prompted to provide a reason for your decision to delete your profile. Once you select one from the list, you will require to confirm your decision by entering the password of your Instagram profile.
- Upon hitting ‘Continue,’ you will be given another chance to rethink your choice. If your decision to permanently delete your Instagram and Threads account is final, then select ‘Delete Account’.
You will still be able to reverse this decision for a period of 30 days in case you change your mind. Once the 30-day period is over, both your Instagram and Threads accounts will be permanently deleted.
Deactivate Your Threads Account Temporarily
If you signed up for the Threads app out of curiosity and have realized it’s not your cup of tea, or if you’re not ready to let go of your Instagram account, you can easily deactivate your Threads account instead. For this, simply head over to the Settings Menu in the Threads app, and:
- Select ‘Account’ and then choose the option to ‘Deactivate Profile‘.
- Confirm your decision by hitting ‘Deactivate Threads Profile’.
This will keep your Instagram account intact and will instead just hide your Threads account till you decide to log in again.
Hope this article helped you all and be sure to share this information with your friends and families. Let them know how to delete Threads account.
Boost Your Brain in just 20 Seconds 💥