While many liked this move, some users who preferred other applications like Zoom were understandably annoyed by this integration. People felt peeved by the giant Meet bar that took up precious space. Ditching Gmail over this annoyance was also not an option. No application is as efficient as Google’s Gmail when it comes to handling your mails. If you don’t find Meet useful, we will show you how to disable Google Meet in Gmail.
Steps To Disable Google Meet In Gmail In Android/iOS
Google Meet was released way back in 2017 as a replacement for Google Hangouts and Chat. Google Meet was initially available only to paid users subscribed to G-Suite. A lot of people never knew Meet until the pandemic made it a household name, and Google integrated Meet into its core offerings to spread the word about its new service.
Disabling the distracting Meet tab in the application is relatively easy.
- Open the Gmail application on your phone.
- Tap on the Three lines located at the far-left corner.
- There will be numerous options such as Social, Promotions, Labels, and other Google applications here. Tap on the Settings.
- Tap on your Email address.
- You will find an option named “Meet. ”Untick the “Meet” checkbox.
- Now, tap on Turn Off to confirm.
- Repeat this step for every e-mail ID linked to your Google account.
The Meet tab should be gone now. Your screen’s precious real estate has now been restored to its former glory! If you want the bar back, just tick the checkbox you unticked.
Disable Meet in Gmail Web
Gmail Web is less likely to irritate you since the integration is subtle. But, if Meet manages to grind your gears, there is no need to suffer in silence! Here’s a way to remove Meet from your landing page on Gmail once and for all.
- Visit www.Gmail.com.
- Click on the Gear icon at the right corner of your screen.
- This will open the “Quick Settings” bar.
- From here, open all settings.
- Click on the “Chat and Meet” tab.
- Untick the checkbox that hides Meet on the main page.
- Save your changes.
To wrap up, this is how you disable Google Meet in Gmail. If you can’t find the options mentioned above, don’t worry! Just update the Gmail application, and you should be good. Even though you’ve disabled Meet in Gmail, you can always visit meet.google.com to start a meeting on this platform!
To remove Google Meet, open Gmail, then tap on three lines on the top left corner, now tap on Settings, after that tap on Email Address and toggle Off the Meet option.
Yes, you can use Google Meet in Gmail.
You can invite up to 100 participants at a time.