If you own an HP laptop, you may have to factory reset it at some point. Maybe your laptop is running slow or you’re getting error messages. Whatever the reason, factory resetting an HP laptop is a quick and easy process. In this article, we will provide you the methods on how to factory reset HP laptop.
Stay Updated With Latest Tech News
A small mistake in laptop settings can create a big problem. There could be some malicious software that you install wrongly and a small error can cause your laptop to malfunction or crash. To avoid any such issues, it is very important that you restore your laptop to factory settings.
Back-Up Data Before Factory Resetting HP Laptop
Factory resetting your HP laptop is a fairly simple process, but it’s important to back up your data first. That way, you won’t lose any important files or folders. To back up your data, simply copy all of your files and folders to an external hard drive or USB flash drive. Once you’ve backed up your data, you can proceed with the factory reset process.
There are a few reasons why you might need to factory reset your HP laptop. Maybe you’re selling it and want to erase your personal data first. Or maybe your laptop is running slow and you think a reset might help. Whatever the reason, it’s actually quite easy to do. We’ll walk you through the five steps required to factory reset your HP laptop in just a few minutes.
- Back up your data
- Download the HP Recovery Manager software
- Create a recovery media
- Factory reset your laptop
- Restore your data from the backup
Methods To Factory Reset HP Laptop
Below are the methods to factory reset an HP laptop.
1. Using Windows Settings
- In the search bar, type “Reset this PC” and click on the resulting Windows Settings option.
- After that, click on Get Started.
- You have a few options here. If you want to keep your files, you can choose the Keep my files option and then click on the Next button. If you want to wipe everything off your computer, choose the Remove everything option and then click on the Next button.
- Windows will ask if you’re sure you want to reset your PC. To continue, click the Reset button.
Windows will now begin resetting your HP laptop. This whole process takes time, so be patient. Once it’s finished, your computer will be like new!
2. Using Windows Recovery
- First, shut down the computer and disconnect all external devices, including the power cord.
- Now, turn on the laptop and immediately press and hold the F11 key until you see the Windows Recovery Environment screen.
- From the Windows Recovery Environment screen, select Troubleshoot > Reset your PC > Next.
3. From BIOS
There are a couple of ways to factory reset your HP laptop. The first is to use the recovery partition on the hard drive. The second is to use the BIOS.
To reset your laptop using the recovery partition, restart your computer and press the F11 key while it’s booting up. From there, you can follow the on-screen instructions to restore your computer to its original state.
If you want to factory reset your laptop from the BIOS, you’ll need to restart your computer and enter the BIOS setup utility. This can usually be done by pressing the F10, F2, or delete key when your computer starts up. Once you’re in the BIOS, look for a section called Restore Factory Settings or something similar. From there, you can follow the on-screen instructions to reset your computer.
A factory reset will restore your HP laptop to its original state, deleting all personal data in the process. If you’re experiencing problems with your HP laptop and none of the solutions seem to be working, a factory reset may be the answer. Make sure you back up your data before factory resetting your HP laptop and follow these steps to complete the reset.
A laptop is a personal device and it is prone to misuse and unwanted modifications by intruders. Therefore, as a laptop user, you need to know how to factory reset HP laptop. When you do a factory reset, all the data and settings stored on your computer will be erased.
The full form of HP is Hewlett-Packard.
Enrique Lores is the CEO of HP.
HP was founded on 1 January 1939