In this article, we’ll be talking about how to factory reset Lenovo laptop. Electronic devices are not always free of errors. We often find various kinds of errors in our mobiles or laptops that are unexpected to happen. The most common way to get away from these errors is to just restart the device. But, if the problem is a little bit serious, you have to reset your laptop.
Boost Your Brain in just 20 Seconds 💥
Steps To Factory Reset Lenovo Laptop
There are two ways to reset any laptop, the first is general reset and the second is the factory reset. In factory reset each and every data of the laptop is deleted. The list of data includes documents, music, programs, and even the operating system itself. If there is a severe problem with the laptop, only then it is recommended to factory reset your laptop.
Though this article is written targeting the Lenovo laptop users, every user using Windows 10 can follow the process and reset their laptop or desktop easily with it.
- First, click on the Start > Settings > Update & Security.
- Now, click on the Recovery option from the left and then click on Get Started. You can also open this window by searching Reset this PC in the search bar.
- A blue popup window will appear on the screen. If you want to factory reset Lenovo laptop but keep the files as they are, choose the Keep my files option. It will keep all your files but all the software will get removed and it will also reinstall the operating system. (Still, we recommend you to take a backup of your important files in order to avoid any data loss.)
- But to literally perform a factory reset, click on the Remove Everything option. This option will remove all the files, apps, and software on the laptop’s hard disk or SSD.
- From the next screen, follow the onscreen instructions to successfully reset your Lenovo laptop. The resetting process may take 30 minutes to an hour or even more, depending on the speed of the laptop. It is advised not to shut down the laptop to avoid any corruption of data.
That’s how you can easily factory reset Lenovo laptop. The options and the processes may vary depending on the version of Windows 10 you are using. We also wrote an article on how to reset Mac printing system. Go through the article if you are looking for the same.
Yes, Lenovo is a good brand.
Lenovo is better than HP.
Yes, buying Lenovo products is worth buying.