If you are on this page, you’re probably looking for the solution to fix Nvidia control panel Missing options. Nvidia control panel lets you customize your Nividia graphics card properties but now it’s gone from your notification tray icon, desktop context menu and from the start menu.
This may bother many of you but don’t worry we are here to give the appropriate solutions to this problem. This problem may arise mainly because of the corrupted graphic card driver, missing registry key issue, this problem may also arise from the new updates of the Nvidia graphic card but as we said earlier it is fixable.
Guide to Fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Options
There are several methods that you can use to fix this issue of missing Nvidia control panel option. we listed all the solutions that may work like magic for you. We have listed all the solutions from basic troubleshooting to the advanced methods to fix this problem and get back the Nvidia control panel on your desktop.
Method 1: Unhide Nvidia Control Panel
There is a possibility that during the update of your Nvidia graphic card software the setting of the application may have changed, which results in hiding Nvidia control panel. Here are some simple steps to fix this issue and bring back your missing Nvidia control panel.
- Go to Control Panel (You can also Press Window+R key together. A Run box will appear, Now type Control and hit Enter)
- We are in Control Panel now, change the view option to Large Icons, then double click on the Nvidia Control Panel.
- Nvidia Control Panel window will get appear, here look for Desktop in the menu options. Then select both Add desktop context Menu and Show notification tray icon options from the drop-down menu.
- Now, go back to your PC desktop to check is the Nvidia Control panel appears in the desktop context menu.
Method 2: Restarting Nvidia Services to Fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Options
If the above method does not solve your problem then you have to restart the services of your NVIDIA graphics card. You have to go through these basic steps which help you in restarting the specific services of NVIDIA.
- Press Window+R keys at the same time, a run box will get appeared. Now, type services.msc and press Enter button.
- A new window appears that shows all the services that are currently running on your PC. In this list of services carefully look for the NVIDIA services. Now, select each Nvidia service one by one and restart them by clicking on the Restart button present on the left side of the window. If any Nvidia service is not running right now, click the Start button to run it.
- Now restart your PC and then check is this method works for you to bring back the missing Nvidia control panel. If nothing happens, try the next one.
Method 3: Solution from Nvidia Support
The above solutions will work perfectly fine for most of the users who are finding a solution to Fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Options. But some users still reported that they are facing the same problem again. So, Here is a permanent solution to this problem from Nvidia Support. You have to follow these basic steps.
- Open My Computer then go to Local Disk (C) or (to the Disk where your system files are located).
Now follow this Folder path:
Program Files (x86) or Program Files >> NVIDIA Corporation >> Display.Nvcontainer
- In Display.Nvcontainer folder, you will see a file named NVDisplay.Container.
- Now, select this file and Press Ctrl+C to copy this file.
- Go to the Startup folder. To do this, Press Windows+R key at the same time, a run box will pop up. Now, type shell:startup and press Enter button.
- This will open the startup folder, now press Ctrl+V to Paste the copied NVDisplay.Container file.
- Now go the properties of the NVDisplay.Container file that you pasted in the Startup folder, to do this right-click on the NVDisplay.Container file and select Properties option.
- In Properties window click on the Compatability tab. Then select the Run as administrative, checkmark this option to give the admin rights to the NVDisplay.Container file. Then click on ok to apply these settings.
After this Restart your computer to apply all these changes. Now you’ll be able to see the NVIDIA Control Panel on your desktop context menu and notification tray.
Method 4: Update Nvidia Graphic Card Drivers
Here is a possibility that your problem still not be solved until this time. In this case, you can conclude that there must be a driver issue. So, you have to update your NVIDIA Graphic card driver in order to Fix Missing Nvidia control panel. To do this you must follow these simple steps given below.
- First of all, press Windows+X at the same time. Now click on the Device Manager option.
- In the Device Manager window, you will see all the devices that are connected to your system. Now, look for Display Adapters in this menu and expand it to find NVIDIA Graphic card. Then Right-click on the NVIDIA Graphic card and click on Update Driver.
- This will open a new window, Here, from the two options choose Search automatically for updated driver software. Now your system will automatically search for the best driver that is available for your Graphic card and then Install it automatically.
If updating the driver didn’t resolve the problem. Then you have to uninstall the Graphic card driver and reinstall it again. This will definitely fix your problem.
Method 5: Re-install Nvidia Graphics Card driver
- First of all, press Windows+X at the same time. Then look for the Device Manager option and click on it.
- This will open a Device Manager window. In this window, you have to look for Display Adapters and expand it. Now Right-click on the Graphic card driver and select Uninstall from the options. This will completely remove the Graphic card drivers from your system.
- After the uninstallation, you have to visit the Nividia Drivers webpage to install a fresh copy of the new updated driver that supports your Graphic Card. So, carefully select the product type and product series to download the compatible version of drivers for your Graphic card. Once downloaded, Install it on your system.
After restarting your PC you will find that missing Nvidia Control panel is now shown on your desktop context menu and notification tray.
Method 6: Manually Launch
Here is another solution for all the users who are still facing the Nvidia control panel missing problem again and again. They can fix this problem by manually launching the Nvidia Control Panel. To launch the Nvidia control panel manually you have to follow all the steps carefully that are listed below.
- First of all, you have to open My Computer and then go to Local Disk (C). In local drive (C) look for the folder named Program Files (X86) or Program Files open it.
- Here you will find a folder named NVIDIA Corporation and when you open this folder you will find a subfolder named Control Panel Client. Once you open the Control Panel Client folder then search for a file named nvcplui.
- Now by right-clicking on the file run nvcplui file as an administrator. This will open the Nvidia control panel window, now you can access all the customization controls of your graphic card.
- Select the nvcplui file, Right-click on it and select Create a Desktop shortcut. Now, you can easily open the Nvidia control panel directly from the Desktop.
Method 7: Reinstalling Nvidia Control Panel to Fix Nvidia Control Panel Missing Options
The next and the last possible method that you can try is reinstalling the Nvidia Control panel application from the Microsoft office store. Here are the simple steps to do this:
- Go to Start or Window button. then look for Settings options (Gear Shaped Icon) in the start menu.
- Click on the Apps option.
- Now select App & Features from the menu on the left side.
- Here in search bar type Nvidia Control panel.
- Note: If the Nvidia Control Panel is already installed in your PC then uninstall it first.
- Now, from Microsoft Store get a fresh copy of Nvidia Control Panel and install it.
Today, we have discussed almost all the possible solutions to Fix Nvidia control panel Missing options. From the discussion, we conclude that the method 4 & 6 are the best solution to this problem. If you like to manually do things then Method 7 definitely works for you. If you have any query you can ask us directly in the comment section. we will definitely respond to you as soon as possible.
Graphics card needs more power to run, if the power supply is not good enough then graphics rendering will be very low because it will penetrate your CPU and can affect its performance.
Yes, Intel HD Graphics is good in most of the terms. Most of the users getting a good performance when it comes to playing high-end games.
According to our observations, Nvidia drivers should be up to date. So, you can get the best Graphics experience.
Yes, every Graphics card needs an extra power supply. Because Graphics cards are used to give users the best experience, it will not work to the best of it if you not use an additional power supply.