If you are on this page you probably looking for the solution of error PUBG Cannot Find msvcp140. After, getting this error you may think there is a problem with your game installer, but it’s not your installer that shows this error. Sometimes it’s because of the corrupted system Libraries.
The msvcp140.dll is a Microsoft Runtime system library that is constantly used by the hundreds of programs running in your system. Sometimes, this file gets corrupted due to its high demand and shows errors like this:
” The Program can’t start because msvcp140.dll is missing from your computer. Try reinstalling the program to fix this problem.”
“The code execution cannot proceed because MSVCP140.dll was not found. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.”
But don’t get panic because of these system errors, you can fix them easily. Just try these simple methods to resolve this problem in no time.
Methods to Fix: PUBG Cannot Find msvcp140.dll
Method 1: Install MSVCP140.dll File
Due to the high request of the msvcp140.dll file by the operating system or other processes. This file may get damaged, then there is a need to replace this file with the new one. Fortunately, you can directly download this file just by following these simple steps.
- Download the DLL-files setup and install it.
- After installation run the application.
- Now, in search box type msvcp140.dll and click on Search for DLL file.
- Click on msvcp140.dll name file in the search result.
- Now click Install.
After a successful installation check if this method works for you or not. If not then try the next one.
Method 2: Copy MSVCP140.dll File from Another Computer
Here is another solution that you can try to fix the error that shows PUBG Cannot Find msvcp140.dll. In this method, you have to copy the msvcp140.dll file from another computer and then paste it on the computer in which you are getting msvcp140.dll missing error.
Note: Keep in mind that the computer from which you are copying msvcp140.dll file should have the same version of windows(10/8/7) and architectures(x86/ x64) as yours.
Simple steps to do so:
- First, Press Windows+E key together, this will open the File Explorer. Now navigate to the local disk: (C).
- You have to follow this path (C:\Windows\System32), now in System32 folder find msvcp140.dll file and copy it.
- With the help of a USB flash drive, you have to paste this copied file in the same location (C:\Windows\System32) on your computer.
Once you are done restart your computer and try to launch PUBG application. If it runs with no error, then you have done a great job.
Method 3: Reinstalling Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package
The Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package provides the runtime environment for the application based on C++ built by using Visual studio. The msvcp140.dll is the part of this package.
So, to replace your msvcp140.dll corrupted file with fresh one its a good idea to reinstall this package. You can easily download the entire package from Microsoft and Reinstall it.
We strongly recommend you download this package only from the official website of Microsoft. Steps to download are given below.
- To download the updated package just go to Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable Update 3 download page.
- Now, Select the Language and click on the Download button.
- Carefully, select the appropriate version from the download list which is compatible with your windows (x64 or x84 version).
- To check your Windows version just type System info in the search bar
- Click on System Information. Now, look for System type in this window.
- As you know the Windows version (x86 or x64). Now, just simply select the compatible version from the download page and click on Next.
- Once the download finished. Simply, install the package.
- Now, Restart your system.
- And try to launch the PUBG and see if the same error is showing up or not. If there is no error then great, error is now fixed.
Method 4: Reinstalling the PUBG Game
The installation files of the Programs may include this msvcp140.dll file that can fix this problem. This is the only reason, why the error message say reinstalling the application may fix this problem. So, you can also try this method to fix the error showing PUBG Cannot Find msvcp140.dll. Just follow simple steps to uninstall and reinstall a fresh copy of the PUBG game.
- Press Window+R key at the same time on your keyboard. This will open a Run window.
- Now Simply, type appwiz.cpl in the Run window and hit Enter.
- A new window appears on your screen that shows the list of all the installed programs on your system. Then Select the PUBG application from the list and click on Uninstall.
- A confirmation window will pop up, click Yes. This will completely uninstall the PUBG from your system.
- Restart your computer.
- Now, Reinstall the PUBG game and see whether the problem fixed or not.
Method 5: Run a Full System Virus Scan
Till the time if you cannot find the permanent fix for this frustrating error message PUBG Cannot Find msvcp140.dll. Then we recommend starting a Full system virus scan on your PC. Some times a virus or malware may block the execution of msvcp140.dll file for the programs that need this file as their runtime environment.
Window defender can not detect these Malwares so we recommend Malware Bytes, Avira or other third party trusted antivirus to scan your whole computer.
After the complete scan if your antivirus detected any Threat or Malware. Simply, move them to the Virus Vault or Quarantine (Virus Chest). After this follow the instruction given by your Antivirus program.
This may definitely resolve the problem that you facing during the launch of your PUBG game.
We have learned a lot about .DLL files. As we see there are different methods that can help you to fix this .dll missing error. But from the above discussion, we conclude that reinstalling the Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable Package or Installing a Fresh copy of MSVCP140.dll File are the best and effective methods to fix the missing msvcp140.dll file error.
To install PUBG Lite on your laptops or desktops, you need approximately 4 GB of free space.
Yes, you can play on PCs having an i3 processor but the game will lag as PUBG is updating its game features day by day. So, it’s hard to run PUBG smoothly on your PCs.
No, you can’t play PUBG on PCs not having Graphics cards in it. To run PUBG smoothly your PC needs a good GPU.