Table Of Contents
Multiple reports have been made recently on iPhone vibration not working. Many users have complained regarding this issue. This might not seem to be a big problem, but you see, this problem can cause many iPhone users to miss several calls and messages. Missing important calls or messages might lead them to face an even bigger issue.
That’s why we have shortlisted the possible solutions to fix this problem. This brief yet step-by-step guide will surely help you out.
What To Do If iPhone Vibration Not Working
According to the reports, in this case, the iPhone is not vibrating at all while receiving any calls and/or messages. Even when the silent mode is enabled, this issue persists. App notifications are also coming without any vibration.
Whereas, if the setting is turned on for vibration, your device would vibrate while getting calls, messages, or notifications.
But the reason for this inconvenience might be any software or hardware issue. Well, the solutions are mentioned here. If you find your iPhone vibration not working, you can definitely try these fixes.
Method 1: Check the settings
Check and make sure that vibration is enabled on your iPhone. To check it, follow the steps.
- First, go to Settings > Accessibility > Touch > Vibration.
Note: This specific accessibility setting can turn off all vibrations on your device. So make sure it’s turned on.
- Next, check the sounds settings. For this go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics, or alternatively, Settings > Sounds. Now make sure that the settings for both ‘Vibrate on Ring‘ and ‘Vibrate on Silent‘ are turned on.
Method 2: Check the hardware
Check if the vibration engine of your device is working. If it doesn’t, it means that your phone has hardware problems. To check it follow the steps.
- First, go to the Sounds settings mentioned above and tap Ringtone under Sounds and Vibration Patterns.
- Then, tap on Vibration and then select the default or some other options.
If the phone vibrates now, the issue is the software. But if it doesn’t, it means the issue is the hardware.
You can contact Apple if your device is still under warranty period, or you can go to any local repair shop to get it fixed.
Method 3: Update
Make sure that you are using the latest version of iOS. Check this by following the steps.
- Go to Settings > General > Software Update.
If there is any update available, follow the on-screen instructions and update your device.
Method 4: Restart
This simple technique might make you laugh, but it eventually makes sense. Doing this might fix this issue. Follow the steps to do this.
- Go to Settings > Sounds & Haptics.
- Then, turn off the ‘Vibrate on Ring‘ and ‘Vibrate the silent‘.
- Now, restart the iPhone.
- At last, go back to the same page and turn on the settings.
Method 5: For app notifications
Check if you are facing this issue only with one app. Check the app’s settings to ensure this. In fact, you can adjust the app notification settings manually.
- Go to Settings > Notifications, then click on any app that is not sending you notifications with vibration.
- Then select Sounds > Vibration to make sure that vibration is turned on. If you find a ‘None’ option enabled, your iPhone won’t vibrate.
Some third-party apps need additional customization separately. In that case, you need to turn on vibration by checking out the in-app notifications. For example, to enable and receive notifications with vibrations from WhatsApp you have to go to Settings > Notifications > WhatsApp > WhatsApp notification settings > In-App Notifications > ensure if the settings for vibration are turned on.
Method 6: Reset all settings
Reset all settings to simply erase every setting enabled on the device. Though this process will not erase your private data like photos, messages, notes, music, etc.
- To do this, go to Settings > General > Transfer Or Reset Settings > Reset > Reset All Settings.
So, these are the possible solutions that can help you if your iPhone vibration not working. Go through each one and follow the steps while making up the changes in the settings. We also wrote an article on how to make iPhone announce who’s calling. If you looking for the same, go through this article.
No, iPhone 12 is water-resistant.
Yes, iPhone 12 has 5G connectivity.
No, you can use an old SIM in iPhone 12.