Today we are here to discuss the most important video feature of social platform giant Instagram. Yes, we are talking about IGTV, this feature of Instagram leaves most of the users in the doubt that how to upload video on IGTV.
Yeah, you heard it right because of the complexity of the Instagram it becomes a little tricky to find and use this long video upload feature of Instagram.
But it is no more complicated now because you are landed at the right place. Today, we are going to discuss the three different and simple methods of how to upload video on IGTV in a very simple and interesting way.
So buckle up now to get more informative knowledge about this IGTV, a place for long-form videos on Instagram.
Things to know before how to upload video on IGTV
IGTV is a very powerful place on Instagram and brands like Netflix, NatGeo already using this platform to further interact with the young audience. So it is very important to get a little more knowledge about IGTV before using it in an efficient way.
What is IGTV?
You can look at the IGTV as a Youtube, which lets you upload the long videos on its platform. As we know Youtube has gained lots of popularity in recent years. This giant video platform decreases the traditional TV watch time up to 40% and we know in the upcoming years this number is going to increase. And Insta knows this well, that’s why Instagram is making its way to do more in this long-video field through its new IGTV platform.
IGTV lets you create your own channel where you can easily upload the long duration videos (duration of 15 minutes to 60 minutes) easily. Through this channel, you can start your video series or called web series while directly interacting with your audience on your Instagram Profile.
So without a second delay, let’s know how to upload video on IGTV.
Method 1: How to upload video on IGTV: Using Instagram App
First thing first, you must have an account on Instagram if you already have then it’s good. If you don’t have any, then first create an account on Instagram.
No doubt you have already seen a lot of IGTV videos while scrolling down through your newsfeed. And you may also wonder many times how to upload long videos like this on IGTV. To upload videos through the Instagram app you have to follow these simple steps.
- First Open your Instagram app.
- Now tap on the search icon on the bottom side of your screen.
- Here at the top or just below the search box, you will see the sign of IGTV. Just tap on it.
- This will take you to the IGTV. Here you can see the videos of the different channels easily. Now to upload the video just tap on (+) plus sign. This will take you to the phone gallery.
- Here, you may see some highlighted videos and you can choose from only these highlighted videos.
Note: IGTV allows the upload of only those videos which have a duration of more than 60 secs or 1 minute.
- Now after selecting the video. At the top center, you will see a Crop Sign, tap on it to set the resolution of the video and then tap on Next.
- The next window will let you select the cover photo of your video. You can choose your cover from the gallery or from the videos as well. Now, Tap Next.
- Now you have to add the basic and important details like Tile of the video and description.
In the same window, you may see the “Post a preview” option, enable this option to post a preview of your IGTV video on your Profile and in your feed.
- Once you are satisfied with the Video, Title, and Description. Just tap on Post to post it.
Hurray!! you successfully posted your first IGTV video.
Method 2: How to upload video on IGTV: Using IGTV App
IGTV lets you watch the videos from the creators that you already follow and others you might like on your Instagram account. And it also lets you watch long-form vertical videos on your full screen with any black boxes on the sides. The IGTV app allows you to like and comment on videos and also allows the option to directly send the videos to your friends.
Now I think you know almost everything about this IGTV app. So let’s create an IGTV channel and upload our first IGTV Video.
- Firstly, we have to download the IGTV app from the Playstore/ Apple store.
- Once the installation is completed. Its time to create your channel.
- So let’s open the App for the first time. Here the app will ask you to “continue as” or “switch account”. If you want to use a different account, just tap on the switch account and fill up the details required. (You can also switch between accounts later)
- After login, we are ready to upload the videos.
- So just Tap on “+” plus icon. For the first time the app will ask you for some permissions, Just allow it.
- Choose the videos that you want to upload. You can only upload those videos having a duration of more than 60 seconds and if the videos are less than 60 seconds just upload it as a simple post.
- Once you choose the video, a new window will appear. Here you can see a change video dimension option, use it accordingly to change the resolution of your video.
- Now, tap on Next and choose attractive cover for your IGTV video. You can choose this cover photo directly from the video or from your phone gallery.
- After choosing the cover photo. Its time for editing the details like Title of the video and description to give an overview of your video to your audience.
- When all this is done, Its time to post your masterpiece. So, Just tap on the “Post” button and you’re done.
Pro Tip: Always choose “Post a preview” option before posting the video, this will post a 1-minute preview of your IGTV video on your profile and feed. From there interested viewers can tap on keep watching to continue watching the full video.
I hope these simple steps help you somewhere on your query of How to upload video on IGTV: Using IGTV App.
Method 3: How to upload video on IGTV: Using Web Instagram
Now we are on the third method to upload the long videos on Instagram. In this method, you don’t need any app not IGTV or not even an Instagram app. We just need a web browser and a good internet connection. Things are completely simple to do on the web version of Instagram too. Want to know How? then continue reading. . . .
Instagram web does not allow you to upload the simple post for your feed, but it does allow you to upload the IGTV videos directly with all the features as you get on the IGTV app.
So let’s start without wasting a second.
- First, you have to open your browser and type the “www.instagram.com” in the address bar.
- Fill your login details to log in to your account.
- Now head on to your profile by clicking on your profile photo.
- After that below your Instagram highlights, you may see the tabs of Posts, IGTV, Saved and Tagged. Simply click on IGTV.
- Now on the right side, you will see an upload option, so click on it.
- On the next page, you are offered to upload the video and fill the details about your video.
- Click on “+” Sign or drag and drop your video directly on this PLUS icon. Wait for the upload to complete.
- Click on the “Edit” button provided on the right side, this will open the file manager window. Now choose the photo from your pc that you want to set as a cover for this video.
- Give a catchy title to this video with an informative description.
- Check the Post a Preview box (If you want a 1-minute preview of this IGTV video on your profile).
- Now click on POST and yes it’s Done.
You have successfully uploaded the IGTV video through the Instagram web.
Pro Tip: The Instagram Web lets you upload the videos up to 60 Minutes long. Whereas on mobile the time limit is 15 minutes only. The IGTV only supports MP4 format Videos.
I hope this simple guide helps you in your query of How to upload video on IGTV. If you still face any problem and have any question related to these methods, then feel free to contact us we are just one comment away from you.
Thank you!! Have a Good day!!