Many people have reported call connectivity issues while using WhatsApp. If you are one of them than this discussion will help you in resolving the WhatsApp call not connecting problem in no time.
WhatsApp is a very popular social networking app on smartphones and ranks high among social media apps in terms of popularity. You can send text, pictures, videos and other files for meager data charges. At the same time, fast messaging is also its specialty.
In addition, Whether or not the message has been read by your friend makes it unique; all these features have helped in making WhatsApp more popular among users. And it has become more popular since the arrival of the call feature in it.
But if you are new to WhatsApp, or you are unaware of the WhatsApp calling feature. Then we recommend starting using it.
Here are some benefits of reaching to your loved ones through WhatsApp call.
- Call your loved ones through WhatsApp without bearing any extra network charges.
- It provides end-to-end encryption and makes your communication secure and reliable which means no fear of call trace and privacy leak.
- It is much cheaper than a typical voice call.
And here’s how you can make WhatsApp calling from your phone.
- First of all, open WhatsApp on your Smartphone.
- Then tap on the name of the person you want to make a call.
- Then to make a call, tap on the old type phone icon in the top right corner.
- Wait until the call starts and the front user picks up the call.
Keep in mind that for WhatsApp calling, the network in your area should be powerful, otherwise your call is not likely to be connected. You can also do group video call by tapping on camcorder icon in the top right corner.
So this is how you can call your friends on WhatsApp. Now let’s start and discuss what to do when suddenly WhatsApp call stops connecting.
Things to do when Whatsapp call not connecting
Check Internet Connection
The most common reason why your WhatsApp is not working is when you have slow internet or limited connectivity.
The problem of not connecting a WhatsApp call occurs when you have an unreliable Internet connection that disconnects repeatedly. Which causes trouble in making calls on WhatsApp.
That’s why you should make sure that you have good data coverage. If you are using a cellular network or you are on a Wi-Fi, then make sure that it is fast enough and working correctly.
The problem of Whatsapp Call Not Connecting sometimes persists if your network operator doesn’t support UDP, i.e. User Data Protocol.
Let me tell you more about UDP:
The User Datagram Protocol (UDP) is part of the Internet Protocol Suite used by Applications running on different computers on a network. The UDP is used to transfer data where we need more speed than accuracy and reliability. It is a connection-less protocol meaning that when data transfer occurs, this protocol does not establish the connection between the sender and receiver.
So to know whether your service provider supports the UDP layer connection or not, contact your network operator or internet service, provider.
Restart Your Phone
If you are confused as to why WhatsApp does not work and do not know what to do, you can try restarting your phone. This seems simple, but most of the time call connectivity problems and other issues get resolved after reboot. This is the simplest and most intuitive thing to do.
Phones have some permission settings that control which apps can use the phone’s hardware and resources. If you are able to connect to a call, but the other person “can’t hear you”. Then you might have refused permission to the microphone.
Similarly, if another person can’t see your face on the video call, then you may have refused camera permission.
To fix this, you need to allow WhatsApp for these permissions.
Here is a short guide on how you can give these permissions on any phone to make WhatsApp functions smoothly.
- Open “Settings” on your phone
- Find “Apps” and tap it then find and tap “Whatsapp”.
- Now tap on “Permissions” and turn on the All Permissions toggle.
Clear Whatsapp Cache
All the apps create cache for fast loading and memory management, sometimes this cache gets corrupted, which causes strange app behavior. So clearing the cache of WhatsApp will solve this Whatsapp call not connecting problem.
Just follow these simples steps to clear the WhatsApp cache
- Open “Settings” on your Android phone.
- Tap on “Applications” and then find WhatsApp from the list and tap on it.
- Now, tap on “Storage” and then “Clear Cache” button.
Keeping all the apps updated clears out bugs and ensures that you enjoy the latest features and get the best experience. If your version of Whatsapp is outdated, then it is possible to encounter a problem like the one we are discussing right now, i.e. WhatsApp call not connecting and so on.
Steps to update your WhatsApp app to the latest version.
- Open the “Google Play Store” on your Android device.
- Tap on the “Three lines icon” in the top right corner.
- And then tap on “My Apps & Games“.
- Under the section updates, you will see the list of outdated apps.
- Scroll the list to see whether an update for Whatsapp is available or not.
- If updates for WhatsApp available, then tap on the update button available next to the WhatsApp in the list
We have discussed why call issues occur on WhatsApp and possibly the best solutions available to fix such problems. These solutions are reportedly working for many people, and there is no reason that it does not work for you. So if you are facing a problem in making WhatsApp calls, then proceed and give them a try.
However, if, on the off chance, if the WhatsApp call not connecting problem still persists then you can reach out to WhatsApp technical team.
And Do let us know in the comment section. Did these hacks work for you? Eagerly waiting to read your valuable feedback.
That’s it for today. See you soon in the next article. Till then, Bye-Bye and have a Good Day.