To effectively handle documents, invoices, or any paper-based work, scan and send them to your intended recipient. However, scanning documents and faxing can be time-consuming and require professional equipment. Fortunately, using an iPhone allows you to perform these tasks from anywhere. Therefore, here’s an ultimate guide on how you can fax from your iPhone, and why you should give it a try today.
Why Does Fax Remain Popular?
Some find it incredibly convenient to scan and fax from an iPhone. The first reason is its perfect suitability for people on the go, as they can easily send a fax using a pocket-sized device. The second reason is the enhanced security, leaving little room for error regarding recipients and delivery timing.
Here are more reasons why you should start scanning and faxing from your iPhone today:
- Unparalleled convenience: When you choose to scan and fax from your iPhone, you eliminate various concerns. This includes the need for a scanner, running out of printer ink, or dealing with postage costs. All you need is your iPhone and an online faxing app.
- Complete control over your documents: Online faxing grants you more autonomy in how you send your faxes compared to traditional fax machines. For instance, you can directly send scanned documents to recipients’ emails.
- Cost-effective: Fax machines are not readily available everywhere, potentially resulting in expensive transportation to the nearest one. Additionally, when scanning and faxing from an iPhone, there are no additional costs. You can send faxes for free and pay only when it suits you. The premium option allows for multiple pages, while the free plan offers the ease of sending faxes in under a minute.
- Time-saving: Sending faxes from your phone is more convenient and saves significant time compared to sending them from a computer.
- Effortless scanning, creation, and sending of faxes: When scanning and faxing from an iPhone, templates available in the software make the process easier. This efficiency reduces the effort to only fill in the necessary information, such as the recipient’s fax number and the content of your documents.
How to Send a Fax From an iPhone?
Several iPhone apps can fax, but caution is advised: While the app itself may be free, there is typically a fee associated with faxing through the chosen app. Certain apps may provide a limited free trial, but beyond the initial period or fax, a subscription will be required.
If multiple faxes are anticipated, consider waiting until they can all be sent within a relatively short time frame to avoid long-term expenses.
Here’s how to send a fax via mobile app on iPhone:
- To get started, head to the App Store and install the fax app. If this is your first time using the app, you’ll be prompted to sign up for the service online fax. Simply tap Continue and confirm the Basic Monthly subscription. You should also prepare fax documents that you will send. Find everything you need (physical or digital).
- To proceed, connect to an existing account or enter your email address, then tap Continue. Once you’re on the home page, select Create a Fax. From here, enter the recipient’s details, including the fax number, name, and subject.
- To attach a document, you have several options. You can either use your phone’s camera to scan a document, type a message to fax, select an email attachment using the email app’s Share button, choose a photo from your phone’s gallery, or download a file from Google Drive or Dropbox.
- Remember that you can continue adding pages to the fax by tapping Scan or Add Document again. Each attachment can be a different type of document, offering flexibility. Once you’re satisfied, tap Send to complete the process.
- Templates. When you utilize your iPhone to scan and fax, you gain access to various templates in your preferred software. This streamlined approach allows for efficient completion of the necessary information, including the recipient’s fax number and document content.
Industries heavily dependent on documents containing personal identifying information (PII) continue to rely on fax machines. This preference is attributed to the paramount importance of security when exchanging such sensitive data, and email fails to meet the required standards.
Here are several industries that actively utilize fax machines daily: healthcare, insurance, banking and financial services, government organizations, and education. However, it is not necessary to use a landline fax to communicate with organizations in these industries. A good smartphone application completely replaces a fax machine in every way.
Boost Your Brain in just 20 Seconds 💥