Here’s the list of best 8TB NAS Drives.
Stay Updated With Latest Tech News
Having a good Network Attached Storage (NAS) can save many costs in the long-run, keeps your data safe and secure, and gives you peace of mind. If you are tired of daily notifications alerting you that your cloud storage is full, you must invest in a NAS drive.
These ensure that your data is stored securely and also make it accessible to you anytime, anywhere. So here’s our carefully compiled list of the best 8TB NAS Drive, to make your choice easier.
Best 8TB NAS Drives
Here’s the list of best 8TB NAS drives.
1. WD 8TB My Cloud Pro Series PR2100 NAS
Simple to set up and easy to use, this NAS hard drive allows you to organize your files, stream from anywhere, edit and access your files quickly.
It can connect you to Adobe Creative Cloud so you can access and edit files whenever you want. It comes with Multiple Raid options, ensuring your data is secured and with two power ports.
- Comes with four processor counts.
- Fast and reliable data transfer.
- Compact and robust design, making it easier to transport.
- Set up is difficult.
- The user interface can be a little complicated unless you are a skilled computer user.
2. Seagate IronWolf 8TB NAS
The Seagate brand is well known for HDD for NAS Synology. Specially made for multi-membered teams, this NAS drive is excellent for those who want to store data faster.
It has a spin speed between 5900 RPM to 7200 RPM. Using its IronWolf Health Management System, it can assess the hard drives’ health, making it a long-term option.
- It’s an affordable option that doesn’t make a hole in your pockets.
- Easy to set up and use.
- Comes with plenty of storage.
- It can be noisy.
- Many customers experience a higher failure rate for this product than others.
3. BUFFALO LinkStation 220 8TB NAS
This is a two-drive network storage device that is great for protecting your important files. Built-in Japan, this is an excellent option for those who are looking for entry-class personal cloud access.
This NAS also allows you to get easy access over the internet. It will enable file sharing at the speed of 10, 100, and 1000 Mbps. If you are looking for an instant network setup, this is a good option for you.
Moreover, it comes with a USB 2.0 port that allows you to increase storage capacity even further. This also means that you can protect your files even more by backing them up continually.
- Easy to set up and learn.
- Great for sharing files.
- Offers many features at its price.
- Simple and sufficient for backups.
- Customer service is not that great.
4. WD 8TB My Cloud EX2 NAS
This NAS hard drive comes with an additional 1GB DDR3 RAM, which allows you to multitask without slowing down. This drive will enable you to stream ceaselessly and keeps all your photos, videos, and music organized.
With the 385 1.3GHz dual-core processor, it allows faster streaming and smooth file transfer. It also supports the latest browsers in Windows and Mac, and with the WD SmartWare Pro backup software, it protects your files with the utmost care.
- This drive has two processor cores.
- Ideal for personal storage.
- Easy to use.
- Makes a good return on the investment.
- You might experience syncing problems outside of the home network.
- Some find the user interface a little frustrating.
5. BUFFALO TeraStation 3410DN 8 TB NAS
Many believe this NAS external hard drive to be one of the best in its size. The iSCSI Target option allows users to store large amounts of data on the server while making sure you can maximize space on the server without any hindrances to performance.
The drive is compatible with S3, Dropbox, OneDrive, and various others, allowing you to sync your files and have them all in one place.
- A great entry-level product.
- Noiseless performance even when you are handling large amounts of data.
- Compatible with many operating systems.
- Perfect for backup storage and archiving.
- Set up can be a little tricky due to the difficulty to understand the user manual.
6. WD 8TB My Cloud Home Personal Cloud
Share photos, videos, and documents, securely with this WD NAS drive. With the MyCloud app, you can access your folders anytime, anywhere; without having to pay a subscription fee. With this outstanding gadget, you can connect and stream videos from compatible devices. It includes back-up software and RAID options.
- Fast data transfer.
- High capacity for add-on storage.
- Sleek design.
- Although it’s great at its price point, it falls short compared to other manufacturers’ devices.
7. Toshiba N300 8TB NAS
Built for small offices and homes, this NAS drive is highly reliable and offers high performance at 7200 RPM. It has integrated RV sensors and a 256MB cache capacity. Its multi-raid environment protects your data well and allows rapid data transfer.
It’s designed to be operational 24/7 so that your team or family can always back up important files or memories.
- Fast 7200 RPM speed.
- 256MB cache capacity.
- Made with better quality components than many other drives at this price point.
- Running it for long hours can make it noisy and distracting to keep around.
Choosing The Best 8TB NAS Drive
For your data storage space requirements, and how protected and accessible you want your data to be. Once you have ensured that you have set them up correctly, you should face little to no issues with these drives, and if you do, these are popular, and finding them will be easy.
With NAS drives, you can store all your files in a single location. Accessible to many members, choosing the best 8TB NAS Drives, ensure that your family can save everything, in a single location, so that no moment of your beautiful life is lost.
The best NAS hard drives are Seagate IronWolf, WD 8TB My Cloud Pro, WD 8TB My Cloud EX2 NAS, etc.
WD hard drive is better than Seagate hard drive when it comes to price.
NAS drives have an average lifespan of three years.