Spotify is an online music, video, and podcast streaming app through licensing agreements with media companies and record labels along with offering its own exclusive content. It is a Swedish based company that is known for helping to legitimize the freemium model.
The success of Spotify is due to its collection of sophisticated data which allows it to captivate the moods of a particular moment rather than offering the same tired genres. The app is launched in all the systems, but sometimes Spotify is not opening on Mac.
Even though Spotify has competition with Amazon and Apple music who are giants in the digital world, Spotify is still and growing in the music world.
If you are facing issues with playback or Spotify not opening on Mac or it isn’t working as expected, then here are some steps to resolve this issue.
Steps to fix Spotify Not Opening On Mac
The easiest way is to restart the app and see if it resolves the issue.
If still not working, you can follow the below steps for trying a clean reinstall of the app.
- Click on the menu bar of Spotify and Click on Quit Spotify.
- After that open finder, then tap on the Go > Library in the menu bar. You can also hold the Alt key if the library isn’t visible.
- Open the Caches and delete all the com.spotify.Client folder.
- Now, click on the back arrow.
- Open the Application support and remove the Spotify folder.
Once the above procedures are followed and you have successfully uninstalled the Spotify App. Now, just visit the website http://www.spotify.com/download and reinstall the app.
By following the above troubleshooting steps, the error of Spotify not opening on Mac should get resolved. And you should be able to listen to music based on the mood.