Aadhar linkage with the bank accounts was made mandatory by the Indian government. But the recent Supreme court verdict has reversed the law and made it optional. Most of the Indian citizens had linked their Aadhar card with their accounts citing the law, but now since the law is optional, people don’t how to unlink the Aadhar number from their bank accounts and digital wallets. Below we will be explaining how to unlink Aadhar card from Paytm so that you have a brief insight into the procedure.
Steps to unlink Aadhar card from Paytm
- First, you need to call the Paytm customer care number 01204456456 and inform them you wish to unlink Aadhar card.
- Then you have to send a request mail to Paytm.
- Paytm customer care will reply to your mail asking you to send an updated photo of Aadhar card with a clear picture so that they can process your request.
- You need to reply to the mail by attaching a clear photo of Aadhar card having a clear picture of yours.
- You will receive a confirmation mail from them stating that they will unlink your Aadhar card within 72 hours.
Check your account within the stipulated time mentioned by them to check if the procedure to unlink Aadhar card is completed or not.
The purpose of unlink Aadhar card from Paytm or from a bank account or mobile number is to protect the privacy of a person. But if you go through the above-mentioned procedure, you will notice that you have to share the soft copy of Aadhar card on email so that they can unlink the account.
So your purpose of unlinking is not met as you are sharing your Aadhar number willingly to an unknown person through email. But hope by reading the above procedure you got to know how you can unlink your Aadhar card.