If you or someone else ever lose access to your 1Password account due to forgetting your login information, the 1Password Emergency Kit is there to help. One concise paper includes all the information you need to access your account. However, it would help if you didn’t have to smash the glass to get it back. In case of an emergency, follow these steps to ensure that your supplies are secure and easy to get.
Stay Updated With Latest Tech News
What is the 1Password Emergency Kit?
It isn’t about a knife and a flashlight. If you use 1Password to keep your passwords and other sensitive information secure, you should be aware of the basic document known as the 1Password Emergency Kit.
Your account information, including your Secret Key, is conveniently assembled on a single PDF page in the Emergency Kit. The 1Password account’s email address and a blank field for a password are also shown. The Toolkit will be helpful if you are locked out of your account or need access to your account.
Get your Emergency Kit
When signing up, you’ll be prompted to store your Emergency Kit. See whether it’s already downloaded to your computer. If you lose your Emergency Kit, you may easily replace it with a new one on 1Password.com.
- Access your 1Password account by logging in.
- To edit your profile, go to your name at the top right and choose My Profile.
- To download the PDF, choose Save Emergency Kit and comply with the on-screen prompts.
Prepare your Emergency Kit
Here are some guidelines to help you put together a reliable Emergency Kit and keep it secure:
- Get a copy printed and store it in a secure place, like a bank vault, along with your passport and birth certificate.
- In at least one hard copy of the Emergency Kit, write the password of your 1Password account.
- Keep a copy in your cloud storage so you may access it from any internet-connected device.
- Share a copy with your beneficiary named in your will.
You can follow the above guide on 1Password Emergency Kit to understand the basics better.