India’s Ministry of Electronics and Information Technology has taken action against Chinese mobile apps. Again, 43 Apps Banned In India including AliExpress, CamCard, Taobao Live. The mobile application is prohibited because it is considered contrary to article 69A of the Information Technology Law belonging to the Bollywood state.
- PUBG Mobile Banned In India Along With 117 Other Chinese Apps
- TikTok Not Working With VPN In India After Government Ban
The Indian government, through its official press release, explained that this action was taken based on the input of the online crime coordination center, the Indian Ministry of Home Affairs, which based on its report assessed that many applications from China are currently involved in activities detrimental to India’s sovereignty and integrity, defense, security, and order.
More 43 Apps Banned In India
Previously, the Indian government had also blocked 59 applications from China on June 29, 2020, and on September 2 again banned 118 other applications. From this prohibition, a number of applications from China that are popular in India such as Bigo Live, Tiktok, or PUBG Mobile with the same rules, namely based on article 69A.
Here’s the list of the 43 Apps banned by the Government
- AliSuppliers Mobile App
- Alibaba Workbench
- AliExpress – Smarter Shopping, Better Living
- Alipay Cashier
- Lalamove India – Delivery App
- Drive with Lalamove India
- Snack Video
- CamCard – Business Card Reader
- CamCard – BCR (Western)
- Soul- Follow the soul to find you
- Chinese Social – Free Online Dating Video App & Chat
- Date in Asia – Dating & Chat For Asian Singles
- WeDate-Dating App
- Free dating app-Singol, start your date!
- Adore App
- TrulyChinese – Chinese Dating App
- TrulyAsian – Asian Dating App
- ChinaLove: dating app for Chinese singles
- DateMyAge: Chat, Meet, Date Mature Singles Online
- AsianDate: find Asian singles
- FlirtWish: chat with singles
- Guys Only Dating: Gay Chat
- Tubit: Live Streams
- First Love Live- super hot live beauties live online
- Rela – Lesbian Social Network
- Cashier Wallet
- MGTV-HunanTV official TV APP
- WeTV – TV version
- Taobao Live
- WeTV Lite
- Lucky Live-Live Video Streaming App
- WeTV – Cdrama, Kdrama&More
- Identity V
- Isoland 2: Ashes of Time
- BoxStar (Early Access)
- Heroes Evolved
- Happy Fish
- Jellipop Match-Decorate your dream island
- Munchkin Match: magic home building
- Conquista Online II
The blocking is certainly detrimental to Chinese digital companies, even though Alibaba is listed as a major investor in Indian financial technology (fintech) company Paytm, as well as the one behind the sale of basic necessities on the BigBasket application. Then due to this incident, the technology giant from China also postponed its plans to reinvest in Indian companies due to the blockade.
If you think we missed something out, feel free to let us know in the comment section below. Alternatively, you can connect with us through our social media handles. On that note, stay tuned to Fixing Port, your one-stop destination for all the latest news and tech updates.