For many users, Avast antivirus, which is freely available, is one of the best antiviruses, protecting one’s computer from harmful online activities like the threat, malware, and virus received online. But sometimes the users face Avast Antivirus not updating problem when they try to update the program so that their computers stay protected from the latest online threats.
Stay Updated With Latest Tech News
Avast Antivirus protects all kind of devices which are connected to the internet. As the Avast is freely available and provides the best protection, compare to some of the paid antiviruses. The latest updated version of the Avast Antivirus is also available on the internet without paying any money. The program is compatible with all the operating systems, and new versions of updates are regularly available so that the antivirus is able to ward off the daily new online threats your system might face.
Methods to fix Avast Antivirus not Updating problem
By reading the below content, you should be able to resolve the issue of Avast Antivirus not updating, with the stepwise procedure mentioned below.
Method 1: Changing the DNS
The procedure to change the DNS is done by the following procedure given below.
- First, you need to press Windows + R key simultaneously to launch the Run box on your computer.
- In the box type ncpa.cpl and press enter, this will open network adapter settings.
- Alternatively, you can open the control panel.
- Here, you shall get an option of Network and Internet click on it, which will appear on the left corner of the Control Panel Window.
- You will get an option of Network and Sharing Centre, click on it.
- After that, click on the Adapter setting after locating it.
- An internet connection will open, and you need to find an active network Adapter.
- After that, click on the Properties option and select the Internet Protocol Version (TCP/IPv4).
- Click on the Properties option.
- Enter the values 18.104.22.168 in the favored DNS server and 22.214.171.124 in the alternate DNS server, and click Ok.
After following the above phases, check if the Avast Antivirus not updating error persists, if it still does follow the procedure of the next option.
Method 2: Reset Internet Explorer Settings
To reset the Internet Explorer setting, follow the below procedure.
- Open the Internet Explorer on your computer.
- On the top right corner of the Internet Explorer, there will be a gear icon click on it and then click on internet options.
- If you are unable to access the internet explorer open the Run box by pressing the Window + R Key simultaneously.
- In the search bar type control.exe and hit enter, which will open the Control Panel of the system.
- The Network and Internet option click on it after that.
- After that, click on the Internet option.
- From that, select the Advanced tab and click on the option of Reset, which will be shown under Reset Internet Explorer settings.
- Now a new window will appear, here gain click on Reset button to reset the Internet Explorer settings.
When the above actions are completed, check if the issue of Avast Antivirus not updating persists or not.
The above clarifications should be able to resolve the issue of Avast Antivirus not updating and shall be able to protect the system from the online malware, threat, and viruses. As in the online world, new viruses are generated on a regular basis to corrupt systems; to avoid this keep your antivirus program updated with the latest version available on site so that the working of your system is not compromised in any way data is protected in all circumstances. Also, regularly run the system scans to check whether new viruses have infected your system.