It may be common for many but even now, the issue of ‘Hot Corners Not Working’ persist. As observed, the issue appeared after users have updated their Mac devices. If you are also facing the same issue, you are at the right place. We bring all the possible methods that have been helpful to many Mac users till date.
Methods To Fix ‘Hot Corners Not Working’ Issue
Here we have listed all the working methods that will help you in fixing the issue which is mentioned below.
Method 1: Re-set Hot Corners preferences
- Go to System Preferences.
- Look for Desktop & Screen Saver.
- There you will see, Hot Corners, and remove all of your current hot corners.
Now that you have done this, restart your device and set the hot corners again. Since you are resetting the hot corners preferences, you can repeat or choose new preferences by going back to System Preferences.
To test, if the device’s hot corners are working fine, let it go on sleep and check.
Method 2: Reset SMC on MacBook
If the issue still persists, you can reset SMC on MacBook. Once you reset the SMC on your Mac, set the hot corners preferences and see if it works.
However, if the issue still bothers you then troubleshooting the issue can be your last resort.
- First, create a new admin user account. Even in your routine life, it is always safe to have separate accounts for admin and guest. Doing so not only saves your device but system preferences as well.
- Now, log into the new account and set hot corners preferences fresh.
- Then, boot your Mac into Safe mode and check if it is working fine.
- To get out of the safe mode, Restart your mac and test it again.
Why safe mode?
Safe mode prevents some software to load and check on the system disk. Thus, it helps you to know if the issue persists is due to software or not.
We hope this article helps you with the ‘hot corners not working’ issue. Please do share your experience in the comment section below.
Yes, MacBook Air has hot corners.
Hot corners are the corner of the Mac screen that lets you quickly start actions when you move the pointer to a corner.
Yes, iPads have hot corners.