If you are addicted to movies, web-series, audio-books, or games, then I am sure that uTorrent is the only solution to all this. People prefer to download these shows from uTorrent because they find it very easy, quick, and efficient. Recently, uTorrent stuck on connecting to peers or may have downloading issues which is the common problem faced by every uTorrent user.
Stay Updated With Latest Tech News
So, people eagerly want this problem to be solved and if you are also one of them then you should not stop reading this article. And I know uTorrent stuck on connecting to peers is very annoying when you are really excited about the shows you are downloading but it ends up interrupting all your excitement with a small glitch.
You can come across plenty of reasons that uTorrent stuck on connecting to peers. There can be many reasons for this issue and also there are a couple of ways how can you fix it.
Methods to Fix uTorrent Stuck On Connecting To Peers
Due to Unreliable internet
If you are facing uTorrent stuck on connecting to peers then you should be aware of your connectivity. Even if you can view your connection, you must check if the connection is functioning properly. If you are downloading a file then keep in mind that the file should include an adequate figure of seeders because the speed of downloading a file depends on it. You can bring your device and router closer to each other to get proper signals.
If the file is no longer available
You must take a look because what if you end up downloading a dead file. What exactly uTorrent do? They make a partial copy of a given file and make it available for download. You have to get into another uTorrent file because the ultimate goal of the peers is to help each other.
Even you can search for many websites like Pirate Bay, 1337x, or Zooqle that will help you in downloading the file with all the information. If a file is shared without seeds, then the torrent file no longer exists and you won’t be able to download it.
Firewall and Antivirus are blocking the download
Make sure that Antivirus software is not blocking the files. You might be thinking like how is it possible because while downloading uTorrent, you already give the authorization to download the files.
You should go to your Firewall settings via control panel or by settings to get rid of uTorrent stuck connecting to peers and should fix it.
After visiting control panel:
- Go to System and Security
- Select Windows Defender Firewall
- Click on Allowed apps
- Search for uTorrent and if it is blocked, change its Settings to enable.
Or you can set from Settings:
- Go to Settings, when you click on start. You will get that on the lower-left of the corner.
- Search “Firewall and network“.
- Click to open it.
- In the firewall section, you will get an option “Allow an app“, click on it.
- Find uTorrent from the allowed apps and check whether it is blocking the file or not.
Blockage can also be caused because of your antivirus program, if it’s doing an excellent job. It can block your uTorrent. You have to visit its official mail id and work on the problem by following the instructions. Because maybe antivirus has taken the control.
Using a wrong VPN can also be an issue of uTorrent stuck on connecting to peers. You must use good quality of VPN that gives good service and stay out of issues. Some examples of well-serviced VPNs are Nord VPN, Surfshark, or express VPN. We recommend you to go for Nord VPN because you can get an official discount of 83% from Nord VPN coupons. If you need a free one then you can go for TunnelBear which provides 500MB free. It will also help you to hide your IP address and even your downloading list. And yes, VPN plays a good role with all the programs and apps.
Other fixes that you can go for
These issues sometimes can be resolved in just no time because it may take place for a short time. Some clicks are enough to get over it.
- Open the uTorrent on your PC.
- On the upper-left of the corner, choose Options.
- From the drop-down menu, click on Preferences.
- In the column of preferences, you have to select “BitTorrent” that is on the left.
- A new window will appear right Infront of you and you have to find “Protocol Encryption”.
- Now you have to select the “Forced” option from the drop-down menu of Outgoing.
Enabling port Mapping
- Open uTorrent on your PC.
- Now, click on “Options” from the top and go to “Preferences“.
- Again, from the “Preferences” column, you have to choose “Connection“.
- Make sure to tick the boxes next to “Enable UPnP port mapping” and “Enable NAT-PMP port mapping“.
- Have a look that the “Add windows firewall exception” option is also selected.
Set a maximum download speed
- Open uTorrent on your PC.
- Go to Options and select Preferences.
- Then choose Bandwidth from the left Preferences column.
- Then, you will get an option “Maximum download rate limiting” where you can set the limit from 0 to unlimited.
- You can change it according to the speed of your connection.
Run test if your uTorrent is working
- Click Options in uTorrent.
- Go to the Setup guide.
- Now you have to click on Run tests option to set up the software automatically.
Your network configuration is very important. After testing the connection, uTorrent will take a step by itself and will have a look at your network. If there is any problem then uTorrent will adjust it automatically.
Say no to uTorrent stuck on connecting to peers
It is very difficult to have patience when you are so addicted to games, web-shows, and movies. But you don’t have to worry about it if your uTorrent stuck on connecting to peers, then there are a lot more techniques too to fix this problem. And I ensure you that among all the solutions, one will definitely work and you can continue enjoying your entertainment.
To fix the “uTorrent is not responding” error, Uninstall uTorrent, and then Reinstall it.
Yes, uTorrent and BitTorrent both are safe from malware and can be used safely and privately in combination with a VPN.
Both clients work just fine but BitTorrent works a little faster than uTorrent.