There seems to be a lot of confusion about the recent mandatory FASTag launch, especially about how to get FASTag through Paytm.
Today, we’ll talk about the same in detail. So, strap in and we’ll dive straight into it.
What is FASTag?
FASTag is nothing but a means to reduce traffic at toll plazas, by using a Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) tech. This is another step taken by our government towards a Digital India. No longer you need to stop at toll plazas to hand over cash. You can easily just drive through as the tag is placed on the front glass of your vehicle and it can be easily scanned by the device at toll plazas and the amount of toll will be directly debited from your account.
It makes use of a prepaid account and can be bought through various means. One of them is Paytm and we’ll proceed to discuss about the same today.
Steps to get FASTag through Paytm
To get FASTag through Paytm is a fairly simple process once you’re in the know. It basically requires filling of a simple application form for a nominal cost of Rs 500 (inclusive of all taxes), which shall be activated after a wait of one day to two days.
It will be linked to your Paytm Payments Bank account and Paytm Wallet. After activation, the tag will be attached to your car’s windscreen.
We’ll now list the various steps involved so that there is no question left at all with regards to how to get FASTag through Paytm.
Here we go:
- Go to paytm.com on your browser.
- In the horizontal bar, tap on “More“.
- In the drop-down menu, select “Fastag”.
“PayTM Fastag” will open now.
- It will ask for your vehicle registration number as well as soft copies of the back and front of your vehicle’s Registration Certificate (RC). Note that these soft copies should not be more than 2 MB each.
- Tap on “Buy for Rs 500“. The breakdown of this price is listed ahead.
- It’ll ask you to log in if you haven’t already.
- Now, verification shall take place. And upon verification, you will be issued a Paytm Fastag. It will be even delivered to your address without much hassle.
Things to take care of:
Make sure that:
- At the time of delivery/tag issuance, you have to furnish the original RC. After this verification only, the 24-48 hours period will begin before your tag will be activated.
- Also, make sure to keep the wallet updated with the money required for toll before a trip is taken. This money shall be added at a minimum of 30 minutes before passing the toll.
- Minimum balance of Rs 150 has to be maintained at all times in your Paytm FASTag account.
Note:- Paytm charges and fees depend on the vehicle category in question.
Breakdown of all costs involved (i.e. Rs 500)
- Tag issuance cost = Rs 100
- One time security deposit = Rs 250 (this will be refunded at the time of closing of your FASTag account)
- Convenience fees
- Minimum money to be maintained = Rs 150
Note: Convenience fees, one-time security deposit, as well as the minimum amount to be maintained, varies according to the vehicle category.
We have mentioned all you need to know about FASTag as well as how to get FASTag through Paytm in this article.
Here is hoping that all your doubts and queries are rested now. And even if they aren’t, you know who to contact in that case!
We’ll be back with more articles and keep you updated in the world of technology changes and the latest upgrades.
Until next time, this is goodbye!
Yes, you can easily purchase FASTag through Paytm. Approximately, it will take 24 to 48 business hours to get activated.
To recharge FASTag, go to FASTag Recharge on Paytm and then tap on Recharge. It will activate after 2 hours of recharge.
Stick the FASTag sticker on the top middle of the windshield from inside the vehicle.
Yes, On 1st December 2019 FASTag will be mandatory on all National Highways.