Hello! Information seekers, today we are going to learn about gyroscope and how to calibrate gyroscope in your smartphone. This guide will also help you to check if your phone has a gyroscope sensor or not.
So let’s first start to learn a little about gyroscopes.
What is Gyroscope?
A Gyroscope sensor is an electronic device that let your smartphone to detect and measure the rotational movement like tilt and lateral orientation of the objects. A gyroscope is a very advanced version of Accelerometers (used to detect and measure the linear motions in smartphones).
But as we know even today not every smartphone supports these emerging technologies. Because of the absence of the gyroscope in them.
Why we need Gyroscopes?
As we know the virtual reality and Augmented reality (AR) are now emerging very fastly and also has become accessible to almost everyone now. Gyroscopes are the devices that make it possible to explore the VR and AR on our smartphones.
But as we know that sometimes the sensors of the smartphone don’t work well and are unable to perform their basic functions. But wait it does not mean that they are broken or need a repair.
Yes, you heard it right…
These sensors just need a recalibration. And you know you can do this recalibration directly through your phone. Let’s see how to calibrate Gyroscope on your smartphone.
How to calibrate Gyroscope in your smartphone
This calibration method not only helps you in calibrating the gyroscope of your phone but also the other sensors like accelerometer, Proximity sensor, etc. And the best thing about this method is that you don’t have to download any other application.
Steps to calibrate Gyroscope sensor
- Open your Phone Settings
- Now, Go to About Phone.
- Scroll down to the bottom to find the kernel Version
In the case of Mi smartphones, you first have to tap on All Specs then scroll down to find the kernel version.
- Once you find the kernel version option, just tap on it 4 to 5 times.
- This will open a new CIT window, here you will find almost all the peripherals that are integrated to your phone. You can test anyone of them according to your need.
- But at this time, we are looking for Gyroscope.
- Once you find the gyroscope on the list, just tap on it.
- Now to calibrate, just put your phone on the flat surface; where the values of X:Y:Z will become zero.
- Once the values become zero, just Tap on Pass Button and it’s done.
Yes! you have successfully calibrated the gyroscope of your phone.
We hope with this piece of knowledge you got the answer to your question of how to calibrate gyroscope in your smartphone. If you face any problem in finding out the required option on your phone, then feel free to contact us through the comment section or through our Facebook page.