For Making an online payment to a vendor, Paytm is one of the best options available on the digital platform. It has steadily become one of the trustworthy platforms among both customers and merchants, and both categories also enjoy the ease of doing business. Everybody knows how to register oneself as a customer on the Paytm app. But many might know how to register on Paytm as a seller. Though there are many documents required comparatively, it is very simple to register oneself as a seller on the platform.
Before understanding the registration process, let us first know who is eligible to register on Paytm as a seller. Below are the categories mentioned under which one can register as a seller on the platform.
- Individuals can sell his or her goods on the platform by registering on their own company as a seller.
- Companies like private limited or public limited or one-person company can register themselves as a seller on the platform. The transactions will be conducted through their company entity.
- A seller having a Limited liability partnership or partnership firm can also register themselves on the platform.
Documents required to Register On Paytm As A Seller
Now let us learn about the documents that are required by an individual or a company to register on Paytm as a seller. The list is mentioned below.
- The name of an individual or the company under which you want to register as a seller, with a valid mobile number and email address, is required.
- The PAN card of the company or firm bearing the entity name is required. Whereas if an individual is registering oneself, then PAN card bearing their name is required to be submitted.
- The bank account documents which the company or the individual will be used for transaction needs to be submitted.
- As per the Indian government rule of April 2017, all the businesses have to register themselves in Goods & Service Tax (GST). As per the government law, all businesses selling products on an e-commerce platform need to register themselves under GST.
To register for GST, following documents are required.
- PAN Card
- Canceled Cheque of the bank account under which the transactions are to be conducted.
- Aadhaar card
- Email address
- Valid phone number
Once the GST registration number is received, the same needs to be submitted for registering on Paytm as a seller.
- Address proof of the company, bank account passbook or statement, utility bills, passport copy, etc. needs to be submitted.
- If a company is registering itself as a seller, then a Certificate of incorporation and if a firm is registering, then Partnership deed needs to be submitted along with the documents as mentioned earlier.
With all the documents in place, by following the below steps, you can register on Paytm as a seller.
Steps to register as a Paytm seller
- Visit the following website www.seller.paytm.com/login
- A webpage containing “Sell on Paytm Marketplace” will appear on your system screen.
- The webpage will contain the sign-up form, fill all the required details like name, email, mobile number, address and documents.
- To verify the authenticity of the details submitted, a verification email will be sent to registered email id and an SMS on your registered mobile number.
- Once the verification is completed, all the above-mentioned documents or the KYC documents needs to be submitted.
- The products that you wish to sell on the platform need to be cataloged, it is advisable to take professional help and showcase the product in an appealing manner.
- Some charges will be claimed by Paytm for hosting and promoting your product on their platform.
After the completion of the registration on Paytm as a seller, the individual or the company can start selling their products on the Paytm platform. When their product is sold, they will get a confirmation mail on their registered email id.
All the e-commerce platforms are helping businesses to expand their reach since there is no boundary in the digital world. The company or the individual sitting at the remotest part of the country is able to sell their products with the help of Paytm like platforms. But the seller also needs to innovate themselves on a timely basis and understand not only their domestic market but also the global market.