Facing “TikTok says I’m Not Eligible” error? Scroll down to read how to fix this, for both Android and iOS. We’ll also discuss the known reasons and the best solutions for the same.
Hello TikTok newbies or seasoned users looking to make an additional account!
Every kid nowadays knows about TikTok, so, I’m not going to waste time – mine and yours – rambling about what the app is about.
But if you are looking to finally get on the hype train, but are facing the issue “TikTok says I’m Not Eligible”, then take comfort in the fact that you are not alone.
It’s a common issue that plagues some phones and it can be easily solved if you know the right steps.
Reasons behind “TikTok says I’m Not Eligible” error and possible solutions:
You cannot solve something you don’t understand.
So, in this section, we’ll discuss both the possible reasons as to why this issue crops up in the first place and along with it, we’ll discuss how to get rid of it.
The reasons are twofold and are stated below:
You are underage (13 or less/16 or less, depending upon your country)
In this case, obviously you will have to wait sometime and get old enough to be eligible. No coding or magical motions can help you grow up faster. Sorry!
But once you are eligible, you’ll have no issue in creating an account.
You’re above the eligible age and STILL facing the issue.
Clearing the cache of the App should solve the issue on all types of phones.
Here are the steps for both Android and iOS:
The steps are simple enough and you should have no issue in following them. Here we go:
- Press and hold the TikTok app.
- Either “App info” or a small “i” will appear. Select it.
- Go to “Storage”.
- Press on “clear storage” and “clear cache”.
- Restart the phone, if necessary.
This should be enough to do the job!
The steps for iOS are similar enough but vary only because of the change in the operating system. Here we go:
- Tap on “Settings”.
- Press on “General”.
- Press on “Storage and iCloud usage”.
- On the top, you’ll find “Manage Storage”.
- Pressing it, select the “TikTok” app.
- Check the “Documents and data” option and clear them.
- Restart the phone, if necessary.
Congratulations iOS users! Your app is ready to be used!!
A similar error is known by the name of “TikTok Birthday Not Eligible” is also caused by similar reasons.
To get rid of this error, we recommend the following solutions:
- Clearing the cache and storage should help here as well.
- Make sure you have the latest version of the app installed on your android/iOS devices.
- Make sure you’re old enough to be eligible.
- Always keep in mind that you must be following all the guidelines and instructions laid out by the app, correctly.
In the above article, we have explained the reasons behind the error and the best available solution for it. We also discussed another similar error for your benefit which deals with error with the date of birth in TikTok.
We hope that “TikTok says I’m Not Eligible” error is permanently smacked out of the park and will no longer bother anyone.
If the problem still occurs, do tell in the comments, and we’ll try to help you out.
But for everyone else, now go on, open the app, make videos and have the time of your life. Enjoy!
This is because you are underage (13 or less/16 or less, depending upon your country).
After the $5 Million fine, they have changed the minimum age to 13 Years.
While we don’t have access to the TikTok corporate records, but as per our experience, the average age is somewhere between 13-25 years.
- How To Change Phone Number On TikTok?
- How To Make TikTok Without Internet?
- You’re Following Too Fast Problem In TikTok [Fixing Guide]
- How To Change Your Username On TikTok [Easy Guide]
- Why Is My TikTok Video Under Review? [4 Reasons]
Main purpose of “Fixing Port” is to provide an open port from where you can get solutions to all your problems and errors. With Fixing Port, all the fixes are just tap away from you.