Hey guys! What? What did you just say?
You were using Snapchat and suddenly the app crashed with the error “Unfortunately Snapchat has stopped working”?
Well, fret not. You’re at the right place. In this article, we’ll show you not one, but two methods on how to solve this and get to your favorite app as soon as possible.
Unfortunately Snapchat has stopped working [FIX]
Clearing the cache and data files of the app should be enough to get rid of the error “Unfortunately Snapchat has stopped working”.
The steps to do so are listed below:
- Go to “Settings”.
- Tap on “Applications”.
- Find “Application manager”.
- Under the “Download” column, find the app “Snapchat”.
- Tap on “Clear cache”.
- Proceed to press on “Clear data”.
- Most of the work is done but we do recommend to restart your smartphone once.
Ta-da! Login and enjoy Snapchat completely error-free.
This method is similar to the first one, albeit, with a few additional steps.
Read the following steps to follow the process, if the first method didn’t work for you.
- Go to “Settings” of your phone.
- Find “Applications”.
- Tap on “Application manager”.
- Tap on the three dots in the top right corner, or “More” (depending upon the smartphone).
- Press on “Reset app preferences”.
- Tap on “reset” when the dialog box shows up.
- Tap on the Snapchat app.
- “Clear cache” and “Clear data” should be your next two destination points.
- Press on “move to SD card” next.
- Restart the phone after the steps, if needed.
If the first method didn’t work, then these additional steps should definitely land you the solution.
Login to your account and now, you can enjoy Snapchat completely anew!! With “Unfortunately Snapchat has stopped working” error plaguing you no more.
By following the above-mentioned instructions, your life should become easier definitely. Well, as far as Snapchat is concerned. Ha!
“Unfortunately Snapchat has stopped working” shouldn’t bother you anymore and if it still does somehow, then, do message us in the comments and we’ll try to help you out ASAP.
Until next time, see ya!
If your Snapchat folder, where all the data of Snapchat kept, has some corrupted files, it will crash the application every time you log in.
No, if you only delete the Snapchat app it will not delete your Snapchat Memories. If you log in back to the same account you will get the same old Snapchat Memories.
It is worse just because, when you taking a picture from your Android Device instead of using an actual camera it just takes a screengrab of your camera view.
Snapchat takes approximately 24 hours to respond to your report.