To be relevant in the social media world, WhatsApp is rapidly releasing new features like video calling, GIFs, and more. Due to this, the server is constantly burdened by countless requests from users all around the world. Now in this article, you’ll learn how to update WhatsApp without Play Store on your device.
Steps to update WhatsApp without Play Store
You might be facing a problem with Google Play Store like an error while updating WhatsApp or you are not able to access the Play Store due to some reason. For such instances, you can install the WhatsApp updates externally on your Android device by downloading and installing the APK installer files directly.
Before starting, if this is the first time you are installing an APK externally, it is advised that you should create a backup of your WhatsApp data. So, here are the steps to update WhatsApp without Play Store using the APK installer.
Update WhatsApp using the APK installer file
- Open a browser on your device and go to apkmirror.com and search for WhatsApp or you can directly click here to get WhatsApp Apk.
- From the list, select the latest version of Whatsapp. You can also install the beta version only if you wish to use the Whatsapp beta instead.
- Once you have selected the version, the download page will enquire if you are using ARM, ARM64, or x86 devices, which are the processor architectures of the smartphones. The most common architecture is the ARM; if it doesn’t work, you can go back and try x86.
- Once the APK file is downloaded to your phone, tap on it for installation. If you are unable to find the file; it is usually downloaded to the Phone storage > Download, which you can access from an explorer app.
- When you run this external APK for installation for the first time, your phone will request your permission to install the file from an unknown source and click OK. If it is required to enable it manually; then you have to do the following: Settings > Additional settings / More > Developer options.
By following the above method, you can easily update WhatsApp without Play Store, and your device will have the latest version of the app.
Boost Your Brain in just 20 Seconds 💥