Table Of Contents
Apple’s AirTags are the iPhone accessory to locate your vital items like your keys or backpack. However, several users have reported that their AirTag precision finding not working. Some users have reported that this function stopped operating unexpectedly, while others have said that it never worked properly. Users have reported receiving the following error message, for example:
“Connected. The signal is weak. Try moving to a different location.”
Furthermore, the precision finding feature helps in the precise location of your stuff. However, if you’re facing the issue of AirTag precision finding not working, then this post will show you how to resolve it.
Methods To Resolve ‘AirTag Precision Finding Not Working’ Issue
Here are some easy-to-follow methods that will definitely resolve the above-mentioned problem. So lets explore them one by one and find which one will works for you.
Method 1: Check Your Settings
Check the following settings on your iPad or iPhone.
- Make sure that Find My is turned on in your device’s settings (Settings > Your name > Find My).
- Try rebooting your Wi-Fi router/modem if your Wifi signal is weak. You may accomplish this by unplugging for 30 seconds and then plugging in again.
- Precision Finding on your device should be ON. To do so, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services, press Find My, and then enable Precise Location. Also, make sure that the option “Ask Next Time,” “While Using the App,” or “While Using the App or Widgets.” is selected.
- Ensure that the device’s Bluetooth is turned on (Settings > Bluetooth).
- Make sure Location Services is turned on in Settings > Privacy > Location Services.
- Ensure that System Services is turned on. To turn on System Services, go to Settings > Privacy > Location Services > System Services to see if this is the case.
- Make sure your iPhone or iPad is running on the latest version of iOS or iPadOS. To check for updates, navigate to Settings > General > Software Update.
Method 2: Restart
Another method to cure the AirTag Precision Finding not working issue is to restart your iPhone or iPad and try again with the AirTag. Here’s how to do it:
Models of the iPhone X and later, and iPads don’t have a Home button: To access the power off slider, press and hold the volume up (or down) and side buttons together. Then drag the slider to the desired position. Wait for your smartphone to turn off for a few seconds. And press and hold the side button until Apple’s logo appears on your screen.
For other iPhones and iPad, models press and hold the power button (side or top) until the power off screen shows. Drag the slide and wait a few seconds for your device to completely shut down. Then press the power button and wait till Apple’s logo appears.
Method 3: Change The Battery
Replace the battery in the AirTag and try again. When your iPhone’s battery is low, it will notify you. This connectivity issue may occur if the battery is low. The AirTags are powered by a standard CR2032 battery. Here’s how to replace the battery.
- Make sure the silver side is facing you; if it isn’t, flip it over.
- While pressing down on the stainless steel, rotate it counterclockwise.
- When the silver top is loose, remove it.
- Discard the old battery and replace it with a fresh one.
- Return the stainless steel bottom to its original position.
- Press down on the lid and turn it clockwise until it comes to a halt.
Method 4: Reset Location Settings of your iPhone or iPad
If the problem persists, you may have to restore the factory defaults for all of your location settings. This is a straightforward procedure. However, following the reset, all of your apps will no longer use Location Services, but you can re-allow. To do it,
- Go to the Settings > General > Reset > Reset Location & Privacy and follow the directions on the screen.
Method 5: Debug Mode
There is a hidden debug mode in the AirTag settings. Here’s how you can find out:
- Precision Finding should be turned on.
- Turn on the developer debug mode by tapping on the item’s name five times.
- You can switch between “Proximity Mode” and “Interactive Mode” by tapping the textual button at the bottom.
- Make sure “Proximity Mode” is turned on.
- Then, by tapping the name five times more, you can escape the debug mode.
So, these are some of the cures for Apple’s AirTag Precision Finding not working issue. I hope these ideas fix your problem, and if they do, please share this information, who is having the same difficulty. Also, write down your thoughts on the article, if it is useful for you.
The range of AirTag is 30 feet.
You can locate your personal stuff by using your iPhone or iPad. You just have to put an AirTag on it.
May be in future, Apple will add this amazing feature to Apple Watch.