One of the most popular questions among the buyers of PS4 Pro is “Can PS4 pro play 4K movies?” Of course, PS4 Pro can play 4K movies and games only if it is connected to a 4K compatible display as well as a 4K compatible HDMI cable. However, the PS4 Pro doesn’t support a 4K UHD Blu-ray; it can only support the regular HD and 3D Blu-rays along with ordinary DVDs.
Boost Your Brain in just 20 Seconds 💥
So, now you can purchase your PS4 Pro without giving a second thought about 4K movies.
Features and Upgrades of PS4 Pro
The vital feature which differentiates PS4 Pro from PS4 is that the Pro version endorses 4K videos. Initially, you need to understand that the Pro version won’t allow Blu-ray discs; which is a conscious decision taken by Sony (nowadays watching discs are outdated and rarely used.)
When PS4 Pro is connected to a 4K display it is compatible with 4K UHD; which is 3840 by 2160 pixels – much higher than standard HD.
Steps To Know How PS4 Pro Can Play 4K Movies
Most people find it complicated to play 4K movies on PS4 Pro but in reality; it is way too simple. For that, you just need to follow certain steps. Read on to know more about it.
As we have discussed you should have a 4K display that supports HDMI intakes. Use only the premium high-speed HDMI cable. Now you are ready to know the steps about how you can play 4K videos on PS4 Pro.
Firstly you have to change the settings of your 4K TV:
- Go to Picture settings of your 4K TV, and look for Expert Settings or Advance settings
- Here in Expert settings scroll down to find HDMI UHD Color, Select it
- Now Turn On the HDMI in this menu which is connected to your PS4 Pro (in my case it is HDMI 2)
This enables the 2160p RGB option in the PS4 Pro. Now moving forward to Playstation settings.
- Go to the PS4 Pro Settings, by using the controller. You will see an option of “Sound and screen” select that option.
- In “Sound and screen” you will find an option of “Video output settings“. Select this option.
- The very first option in the ” video output setting” will be the resolution. Select that option.
- Make sure you keep the “Automatic” option on. If your display or cable isn’t 4K compatible you will find the 2160p option is “unsupported” or else it is available on PS4 Pro; and you should select it.
Now you can enjoy 4K movies on PS4 Pro.
So, this was all about “Can PS4 Pro Play 4K Movies”. You can follow these simple steps to enjoy 4K movies on your PS4 Pro.
Yes, it supports 4K videos and movies if you connect your PS4 to a 4K compatible display.
Yes, PS5 and Xbox can give you an 8k resolution for gaming.
60 FPS is better than 30 FPS because the gaming experience in 60 FPS is very smooth but in 30 FPS the game will lag.
If you are looking for quality then 4K resolution with 30FPS is a good option, but if you are looking for gaming then 1080p resolution with 60FPS is better.