Gamers assemble! In this article, we’d be talking about “how to charge Oculus Quest 2 controllers”, if that matches your search make sure to read the complete article. Every Oculus Quest 2 uses 1 AA battery per controller. It is advised to buy two pairs of rechargeable batteries, in order to avoid downtime. The controllers can also be charged by the optional Oculus charging station.
A small symbol of eject is carved on the plastic of the battery compartment’s cover. The batteries that come with the controllers are alkaline batteries and cannot be recharged. In order to charge the controllers, the alkaline batteries are first exchanged with the rechargeable batteries. These rechargeable batteries when run out of power can be charged with the help of a compatible battery charger.
Steps To Charge Oculus Quest 2 Controllers
Here is the step-by-step guide to charge Oculus Quest 2 controllers.
- First, place your thumb over the eject symbol and slide it with a little pressure away from you. By doing this, the battery compartment’s cover will get opened.
- Now, remove the cover and then remove the AA battery.
- This step involves the exchange of the alkaline battery with a rechargeable AA battery.
- After that, close the battery compartment with the cover and the same steps are to be repeated with the other controller.
- In order to prevent downtime and enjoy smooth gameplay; one is advised to place two additional rechargeable batteries in the charger so that when batteries run out of charge you can immediately exchange them with the already charged ones.
How to charge controllers by using the charging dock?
It is probably the easiest and the most simplified way to charge Oculus Quest 2 controllers. This system makes it super easy for you to keep your Oculus Quest 2 controllers charged all the time and always ready for brilliant gameplay. Oculus Quest 2 controllers are not manufactured to be recharged but they can be turned into rechargeable controllers with the help of the Anker charging dock.
Here are the steps through which you can charge Oculus Quest 2 controllers by using a charging dock.
- Remove the battery compartment’s cover by sliding your thumb with a little pressure over the eject symbol carved in the plastic of the controller.
- Now, replace the batteries of the controllers with the rechargeable batteries that came with the dock. Place the batteries in such a way that the charge contacts are pointing in the outward direction.
- After that, cover the battery compartment back with the cover that is provided with the dock and not the one provided by the factory since the covers that come with the dock have electrical contacts used for charging.
- At last, place the controllers in the charging cradle whenever they’re not in use and they’d be charged by the Anker charging dock.
Oculus Quest 2 controllers rely on an AA alkaline battery.
It lasts long around two and half hours if it’s fully charged.
Yes, Oculus 2 comes with batteries.