People can open PDF in Google Docs, but modifying them is not as simple as you might expect. In this lesson, we’ll show you how to open PDFs in Google Docs and modify them.
Google Docs is a great tool for sharing various sorts of papers, but it’s especially useful for project collaboration. It is by far the most common way for document production since the papers can be shared with anybody who has a Google account. The individual with whom you exchange files may then make modifications, which you can see and react to in real-time.
In comparison to word, Google Docs allows sharing and working with others easier. You can use this platform from any device, whether it’s a PC, a Mac, or a smartphone, as long as you have a Gmail account. In addition, the other person may make or observe real-time adjustments and revisions.
Steps To Open PDF In Google Docs
Google Docs allows you to upload and open PDF files. To do so, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to your Google Drive account and log in. To upload files to your account, choose New and then File upload. You will now be able to view the PDF file on your computer.
- Right-click the file after it has been uploaded and select Open With > Google Docs.
- After following the above steps, you will see a Google Docs version of that file.
Using Google Docs On iPhone/Android
If you have Google Drive installed on your phone, you can use Google Docs to open your PDF. Take note of the following steps to learn how to do it.
- Open the Google Drive app on your Android or iOS device.
- Select Add from the drop-down menu. Then select Upload from the drop-down menu.
- Now, select and upload the PDF files you wish to include.
- Select Open In from the drop-down menu. You can open it by clicking Google Docs.
Google Docs, as useful as it could be at times, does have a few drawbacks. A few of them are:
- You can’t modify the content in the document in Google Docs, but you can copy the text and edit the words in a new Google Docs file.
- It’s not always possible to open a PDF in Google Docs, and pictures from the original PDF may be missing from the uploaded document.
- Some of the more complex editing features found in other PDF tools, such as adding pages, deleting pages, and even adding and removing images, are not available in Google Docs.
Considering all of the possibilities, utilizing Google Docs to open PDF files is a quick and easy way to do so. You don’t need to install any software on your computer to do it, because Google Docs is a cloud-based service.
It’s even more useful if your Google Drive files also include PDF files. You can open a PDF in Google Docs from anywhere in the globe as long as you have an internet connection. We hope that this article helps you to open PDF in Google Docs.
Yes, you can view PDFs in Google Docs.
No, it’s not completely free.
Yes, .docx is a Microsoft Word document.