After exhausting all the methods, the only option left is to reset the printing system. Doing so can help you get rid of the issue but doing it with caution will help you to escape any trouble. In this article, you will learn why, when, and how to reset Mac printing system.
Before you set your mind to reset the printing system, make sure you have troubleshot the basic issues.
- The electric cord is attached properly.
- The switchboard is working if not try another switchboard.
- The cartridge is filled with ink and placed properly.
- See if a page is stuck inside the printing machine.
- Turn off/on the printer once or the laptop, if it works.
If you have tried all the tricks already, you need to reset the printing system. However, you should be aware of the changes coming next to resetting. These are:
- The system settings will change to default settings.
- All the tasks queued get deleted permanently.
- Permissions to Mac’s file will be reset.
- All presets will be deleted.
- All printers/scanners/faxes added earlier get deleted from the preference pane.
Steps to Reset Mac Printing System
To reset your Mac’s printing system, follow the steps mentioned below.
- Go to the Apple Icon placed in the left corner of the screen.
- Now, click on System Preferences and then Printers & Scanners by clicking on the icon.
- You will see that on the left side, the name of the printer would appear.
- Now, right-click on that and select Reset Printing System.
- To confirm and continue, click on Reset. (It may ask for Administrator permission, enter your password and click OK.)
- Your Mac printing system is reset now.
Now that you have reset Mac printing system, to print/scan/fax; you will need to add the printer again. We hope the above article is useful for you. We have also written an article on how to reset SMC on MacBook if your Mac is not working properly, getting slowed down, or lagging.
The aluminum case of Mac made it more expensive than others.
Mac means MacBook and macOS is the operating system running in Mac.
Big Sur is the newest OS you can run on your Mac.
Boost Your Brain in just 20 Seconds 💥