In this article, we will be informing you how to resolve the issues if RESS App not working. But prior to that, let us give you some information about the app.
Boost Your Brain in just 20 Seconds 💥
RESS app is an abbreviation for the Railway Employee Self Service app, which has been developed so that the employees are able to get all solutions to their queries in one portal. It has been developed by the CRIS under the AIMS portal. The app is readily available in the Google Play Store for Android phone users.
There are many features available in the RESS app in which the registered employees can check the following details.
- The employees can check their basic biodata online, which may include their personal information also.
- Their monthly and yearly salary data.
- Yearly provident fund details.
- Annual income tax – FORM 16 features the number of years the employee is working in the railways.
- The employees can also view and download their salary slips.
- The employees can also apply for a loan and advance against their salary.
Even though the app has been tested it is not void of facing errors or crashing whenever you are opening the app, below are some of the steps that are mentioned to resolve the issues you might encounter.
Methods to fix RESS App not working
There are many ways to fix RESS app if it is not working properly, which has been illustrated below so that it doesn’t spoil your experience.
Method 1: Restart and Update the app
- You need to press the power button and select the restart option that can be seen on the screen of your phone.
- If the restart option is not showing on the screen, then you need to press the power button for 10-20 seconds till your phone restarts.
Method 2: Checking Android updates on your phone
- You need to open the “Settings” on your phone.
- Now, go to System > Advanced > System update, where you will get a choice of Updating the Android version if there is any.
If an Android update is available, then follow the stepwise procedure to update it to a new version available.
Method 3: Checking App update in Google Play Store
- Go to Google Play Store and review for the update of the RESS app.
- If the update is available, press the button and get the app updated.
Method 4: Force Stop the App
- Open the “Apps and notifications” present under the “Settings” of your phone.
- Search for RESS App and then tap on the “Force Stop” option.
Method 5: Clear the App cache
Clearing cached data can free up needed space by removing temporary files. This is a short-term solution. Over time, cached data will build up again.
Open the phone “Settings”, and go to the “Apps and notifications” section, tap on the “Storage & cache” and then tap on “Clear cache” to remove all the temporary files.
Method 6: Clear App Data
By doing this, you will clear all the data that was saved on your phone for this app.
- Open your phone’s Settings app.
- Tap Apps & notifications.
- Tap the app. If you don’t see it, first tap See all apps or App info.
- Tap Storage & cache > Clear storage or Clear data OK.
Method 7: Contact App Developer
When you download the RESS App from the Google play store, there are reviews of the app mentioned in the play store.
- Go through the app reviews so that you can understand issues the particular app is facing and from there you can also get the solutions.
- Learn to contact the app’s developer and highlight the issues you are facing in the app to the developer.
Method 8: Uninstall the App
- The simplest way to uninstall an app is to touch and hold the app; you will get the option to uninstall the app.
- The second option is to drag the app to uninstall option available on the top of the phone screen.
When you uninstall the app, all the data saved on the phone is erased and you can fresh reinstall it.
If the methods mentioned above are not able to resolve your issues and still RESS App not working, then you need to contact your IT cell, who will be able to identify and resolve your problem.