Looking for a way to rescue an important voicemail that you might have deleted by mistake? In this article, we have mentioned the step-by-step guide to retrieve deleted voicemail on iPhone. Also, the steps to permanently delete voicemails on the iPhone are briefed for your convenience.
Stay Updated With Latest Tech News
Steps To Retrieve Deleted Voicemail On iPhone
If you need to retrieve deleted voicemail on your iPhone, here’s how you can do it.
- First, open the Phone app and select the option of Voicemail at the bottom right corner of the iPhone’s screen.
- If the undeleted voicemails are available on your iPhone then the “Deleted Messages” menu can be seen by you. After selecting the Deleted messages menu, you can see all the voicemails that have been deleted by you but are still present in your iPhone’s memory.
- Now, select the Voicemail you are wishing to retrieve.
- Select the option of Undelete present beneath the selected voicemail. (For other versions of iOS, you need to tap the red trash icon with a line through it).
- At last, select the Voicemail menu present in the top left corner of the iPhone’s screen to come back to the main visual voicemail screen, where you can find the retrieved voicemail.
When You Can’t Undelete Voicemail on iPhone?
Though the steps to retrieve deleted voicemail on iPhone is quite simple, many times the retrieval of some deleted voicemails is not possible. The section of deleted messages on the phone app represents the recycle bin (deleted files stay here until permanently deleted).
When your iPhone is synced with your computer, the Empty button is not available on your iPhone due to which the deleted voicemails are cleared from your phone’s memory. This might make you lose your voicemails permanently.
You can probably retrieve deleted voicemail on iPhone as long as you’ve not synced your iPhone since you last deleted a voicemail. If you cannot find that deleted voicemail in your “deleted messages” section then it probably has been removed for good.
How To Permanently Delete iPhone Voicemail?
In order to permanently remove the deleted voicemails, follow the following steps.
- Go to the Phone app and select the Voicemail option.
- Now, select the option of Deleted messages.
- From the top right corner of your iPhone’s screen, select the Clear All option.
- In the pop-up confirmation menu, select the Clear All option.
- After you follow these steps, your deleted messages section is empty and no other voicemails can be retrieved.
So these are the simple methods that you can use to retrieve your deleted voice mail messages on your iPhone. If this piece of information helps you or if you have any other tech-related queries then feel free to drop us a comment in the comment section.