Instagram is a photo and video-sharing social networking app through which most people connect with each other, and in this article, we will learn how to turn off activity status on Instagram. Similar to Facebook and Twitter, a user can create their account to check others’ profiles and the news feed.
When a user shares a photo or video on their Instagram account, it gets displayed on their profile, and other users who follow the account will be able to see it in their feed.
First, let us understand how you can detect whether a user is online on Instagram, these are the few methods through which you can detect.
- You will be able to see a green dot near their profile picture in your Direct messages.
- In your direct inbox, you will be able to see their most recent activity status.
Steps to turn off Activity status on Instagram
If you are using an Instagram account, then people whom you follow or have a conversation with you can see your last active status on the app.
If you don’t want people to see your real-time status, you have an option. You can change your status anytime by following the below steps:
1. Change the visibility of the Activity status in the Instagram App
- Go to your profile.
- Tap on the “Three vertical lines” in the case of an Android device or “Gear icon” for iOS devices.
- Now you will see the Settings (Gear icon) at the bottom in the android devices.
- In the Settings, look for the Privacy option. Tap to open it.
- Here, Tap on the Activity status.
- Disable the toggle button next to the “Show Activity status” for turning it off.
2. Change Activity status on the browser of your computer or Phone
- Visit the Instagram web page on your browser.
- Click on your profile icon.
- where you will be able to Gear icon just in front of the edit profile option, click on it.
- Select the Privacy and security setting and then click the uncheck on the box for “Show Activity Status“.
When you turn off activity status on Instagram for your profile, you will not be able to see other users’ activity status.
In this way, you can turn off activity status on Instagram. All the above-mentioned procedures are super simple and easy. But anyhow if you still face any problem in following the above guide, then just contact us through the comment section. We will surely reply back to you as soon as possible.
To turn on the activity status feature, open Instagram, then tap on the profile icon on the right bottom of the screen, then tap on three lines on the top right corner of the screen, tap on Settings, tap on Privacy, scroll down, now tap on Activity status and enable it.
You will not know if someone muted you on Instagram. Like other applications, Instagram also doesn’t allow that feature.
Yes, the active status feature on Instagram is very accurate.
Yes, they can see your stories if they haven’t muted you.