UBports has launched Ubuntu Touch OTA-12, OTA-13, and OTA-14 earlier this year. And after the successful release of all three updates, UBports has recently announced the launch of a new update – Ubuntu Touch OTA-15.
UBports has always severed with the best features, and the company just kept one thing in mind while releasing OTA-15, that it should work on several mobile systems.
Ubuntu Touch OTA-15 Updates
Let’s check out what Ubuntu is offering with its new update:
- The Ubuntu OTA -15 will support the Google Pixel 3a, OnePlus Two, F(x)tec, Pro1/ Pro1-X, Xiaomi Redmi Note 7, Xiaomi Redmi X4, and Samsung Galaxy Note 4.
- You can now install the Ubuntu Touch on all the above devices with the help of UBports Installer and have a “Stable” update channel, for the OTA software updates.
- With the new shiny icon, Morph browser has also received a refinement system in its interface.
- With the redesigned interface now, swipe up from the bottom of the screen to change tabs.
- To improve Android 9 devices’ support, OTA-15 has solved numerous bugs like pooping sounds or dropping of audio, Front Camera picture rotation of Volla Phone, and sending USSD codes.
- Besides this, Ubuntu’s new update also includes Nuntium MMS error reporting and a feature to support calls from Bluetooth devices.
With the new update, UBports announced that the new OTA-16 might have upgraded the Qt toolkit from the current version 5.9 to a further 5.12 to improvise application processing time and memory use.
Even the team is also planning to migrate the 16.04 LTS base to the updated Ubuntu 20.04 LTS.
However, it’s not confirmed about the transition of the Ubuntu Touch.
How to Upgrade To OTA-15?
Check here how to update the new OTA-15 on different phones.
The update of new Ubuntu OTA-15 updates will be available next week for the Ubuntu Touch supported phones like; F(x)tech Pro1/Pro1X, LG Nexus 4 and 5, Volla Phone, OnePlus One, Fair Phone 2, and Xiaomi Redmi 4X.
If you have Ubuntu Touch support on your device, you can quickly get the OTA-15 update from “Stable Channel.”
Go To – System Settings – Updates – Update Settings – Channels.
If you want to update your OS system immediately, turn on ADB access and write the following command over ADB shell:
“ sudo system-image-cli -v -p 0 –progress dots ”