Here’s everything that you need to know about how to deactivate FASTag. All cars in India must carry FASTags, according to the Ministry of Road Transport and Highways, popularly known as MoRTH. The advanced toll collecting system collects payments using Radio Frequency Identification, or RFID, as the vehicle passes through. The amount is automatically deducted from the vehicle’s associated e-wallet or bank account.
Boost Your Brain in just 20 Seconds 💥
All drivers who have traveled in India at least once are familiar with the phrase FASTag. FASTag is a gadget that lets you pay tolls without having to stop your car at a toll station for a long time. Radio Frequency Identification (RFID) technology is used for this purpose.
An RFID chip is placed on the vehicle’s windscreen; allowing for immediate payment from the associated bank account to any toll owner. It’s a different story when it comes to deactivating FASTag.
Steps To Deactivate FASTag
People have an exaggerated image of how to deactivate FASTag since the process differs from provider to provider. However, it is a reasonably straightforward process. There are a variety of reasons why someone may want to turn off FASTag in their car.
First and foremost, if a person has sold or transferred ownership of their automobile; FASTag should be disabled. Otherwise, toll charges would be taken even after the operation is complete. Furthermore, if the account is not closed; the new owner of the car will be unable to create a new account. Because only one tag is assigned to that vehicle.
Deactivate FASTag Issued By Different Providers
NHAI (IHMCL) FASTag Account
- Call 1033
- For deactivation or closure, follow Customer Support’s instructions.
ICICI Bank FASTag
- Call 18002100104 for more information
- Select your desired language.
- To speak with a Customer Service Representative, select option 2.
- Request deactivation of your FASTag account.
HDFC Bank FASTag
- Call 18001201243 for more information (Customer Care)
- Or use your User ID and Password to access the HDFC FASTag portal.
- Select the Generate Service Request option for Service Requests.
- Request for Closure
- Call 18001204210 for more information.
- Or go to Paytm App’s 24×7 Helpdesk Section and choose Issue Type from the drop-down menu.
- Raise Concerns about FASTag shutdown or deactivation.
Axis Bank FASTag
- Call 18004198585 for more information (Customer Care)
- Alternatively, send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org through your registered email id.
Airtel Payments Bank FASTag
- Call (800) 68-8006 or (400) 68-8006 for further information.
- To cancel or deactivate your FASTag account, follow the on-screen instructions.
So, these are the steps to deactivate FASTag. Let us know in the comments below if these steps helped you to halt your FASTag successfully.
Yes, A FASTag is valid for 5 years.
Yes, FASTag balance can go negative.
No, you can’t use 2 FASTags on one car.