Table Of Contents
WeChat is a well-known app across the world. The app has around 1 billion active users per month. And out of these users, many users have faced a problem that their WeChat profile picture not showing or disappears from their profile. And they don’t have any idea how to fix this issue.
What is WeChat?
Reasons why WeChat profile picture not showing
There are two main reasons why you are unable to see the profile pictures of your WeChat contacts. The first reason could be an unstable data service and the second is the storage problem. So lets put more light on these two to elaborate them. But before we start, please make sure that the contact whose photo is not visible to you has not set any privacy to their account.
All the applications like Wechat need a stable network to provide the best performance. As these applications are specially designed for real-time chatting and services. Thus they always need to be connected with there server database and hence need a stable data connection.
Try these simple steps to troubleshoot the unstable network problem:
- Open Settings of your phone.
- In Settings look for Sim cards and Mobile networks and tap to open it.
- Now, Make sure the Mobile data is enabled.
After enabling the data you have to re-register your phone on your service provider network to use the data services without any complications.
- Open your Sim Card Settings.
- Tap on the SIM that you are using for your data services (In my case, it’s Airtel).
- Here look for Mobile networks and open it.
- Now Enable Select Network automatically option.
- And this will re-register your phone on your carrier network for all data and call services.
These steps will surely solve the WeChat profile picture not showing up problem. If your network is strong and you still face this issue, then just follow the next method to get rid of this problem.
As we know all the apps create data to increase its launch speed also called cache/ storage data. When this storage data becomes too large, then it will affect many functions of the App.
Sometimes updating the App may also fix this problem. So, make sure that your app is up to date.
To clear the data storage of your app, just follow the given steps:
- Open your “Phone settings” and go to the App.
- In “App settings” look for the “Manage Apps” option.
- Now, here type “WeChat” in the search bar and open it.
- Open Storage and tap on clear data option.
Want a step-by-step guide with pictures to do the same? Then, Have a look at our guide to clear data & cache of Snapchat (Procedure to clear cache and data is same for all the Apps).
Note this will remove all the downloaded media from your phone which is downloaded through the Wechat app.
I hope these methods will help you in resolving the WeChat profile picture not showing the issue. But if you still face any problem regarding this, then feel free to drop a comment down below. We will definitely reach you as soon as possible.