Whatsapp is a social messenger app that has revolutionized the way through which people can connect with each other. But due to some reason WhatsApp not installing on their respective phones. The users who have installed this app on their phones can share photos and videos along with texting with other users.
Steps To Fix WhatsApp Not Installing Error
There are many grounds why WhatsApp is not working properly nor its properly updated, some of them are mentioned below:
- Error codes
- Due to various downloads done on the phone, there may be space constraint
- If the OS version of the phone is old, the latest version of the app might not be compatible with the phone.
- The app might be banned in the country or might not be available to download.
Let’s elaborate on how we can resolve the above-mentioned reasons
There are many error codes like 413, 481, 491, 492, 505, 907, 910, 921, 927, 941, and DF-DLA-15 that you might face.
To resolve them, just follow the below-mentioned procedure:
- The user needs to remove the Google account by going to the phone “Settings“.
- Go to the Users and account, tap on Google account & select “Remove account“.
- After that, restart the phone.
- The user needs to go to the phone settings and re-add the Google account. Follow this procedure: Users & accounts > Add account > Google.
- The user needs to log in to the Google account.
- Clear Google Play Store’s cache by going to your phone’s Settings. Then tap Apps & notifications > App info > Google Play Store > Storage > Clear Cache.
- Clear Google Play Store’s data by tapping Clear data > OK.
- Now, Whatsapp needs to be downloaded again.
For error codes: 101, 498, 919, 403, 495, 504, 911, 920, 923, RPC errors, invalid package file, installation or download unsuccessful errors
Follow the procedure mentioned in the section: “Insufficient space on the device” and then, try installing WhatsApp again.
For error code: 490
If you’re using your mobile data, then try to download WhatsApp on Wi-Fi only.
If that doesn’t work, try the following:
- Go to your phone’s Settings > Apps or Apps & notifications > Google Play Store > Data usage > Turn on Background data.
- Go to your phone’s Settings > Apps or Apps & notifications > Download Manager > Data usage > Background Data > Turn on Background data.
- If the above tips don’t work, try clearing Google Play Store‘s cache by going to your phone’s Settings. Then tap Apps & notifications > App info > Google Play Store > Storage > Clear cache.
- Clear Google Play Store’s data by tapping Clear storage > OK.
- Now, Try downloading WhatsApp again.
For Insufficient space in the phone
If a user is facing trouble of Whatsapp not installing due to the insufficient space in the phone, the user must try to clear Google play store cache and data by following these steps:
- The user needs to go to the phone settings, tap on the option of Apps & Notification, where the user can find the Google play store and now select the Storage option and clear the cache and data of the app.
- The user then should restart the phone and try installing Whatsapp again on the phone.
If the user is still unable to install it on the phone due to insufficient space, here are some of the tips to create free space on the phone:
- The user can move other apps and data to the external SD card.
- Remove the apps from their phone if not in use.
The user needs to look into the hidden folders of the Whatsapp mentioned below, and then delete the extra data which is useless.
- To access the images that are stored on your phone, you have to find them under the media folder of the Whatsapp Images.
- For the videos that are stored on your device, you have to find them under the media folder of the Whatsapp Video.
- To access the voice messages, you have to find them under the folder named “Whatsapp Voice notes”.
You need a minimum of 1GB of free space so that you don’t have to face the error of Whatsapp not installing. Follow the above-mentioned procedure so that you can install and update WhatsApp and interact with other users. We also wrote an article on how to send “View Once” message on WhatsApp, have a look if you are looking for the same.
To fix this error, make sure your phone has sufficient storage space. If you don’t have space, free up some storage space, and then try downloading WhatsApp.
It should not delete your messages if you just delete the WhatsApp application. If you already have backed up your chats, you will see your old messages after downloading WhatsApp again.
This error occurs when you have a very weak internet connection and insufficient storage space.