Want to know how you can check if AirPods are real or are you worried that you might have been deceived by your local AirPods seller? In this article, we’ve mentioned some foolproof tricks and tips that can help you in spotting fake AirPods. Make sure to read the entire article to get a thorough idea of the topic.
Easy ways to check if AirPods are real
Here are some easy ways through which you can detect if AirPods are real.
1. Check through serial number
The easiest solution to check if AirPods are real is that you directly go to the source, i.e Apple. The product’s warranty status can be checked online. All you have to do is enter the serial number of your AirPods and if you find them there, then your AirPods are hundred percent real.
In case you aren’t able to find them online through the serial number then they’re totally fake. Here’s what you need to do.
- Navigate to Apple’s coverage checking tool in your web browser.
- Now, locate your AirPods’ serial number on the box. If AirPods are connected to your iPhone, you can find the serial number by going to Bluetooth in the settings and then select the (i) next to your AirPods name.
- Type your serial number, enter the Captcha and then select the option that says Continue.
- After entering the serial number and following the further instructions, if the tool provides information regarding that serial number, particularly the valid purchase date, you can rest assured that your AirPods are real.
2. By trying to pair them and checking the battery life
Another way to check if you’ve purchased authentic AirPods is by pairing them to your iPhone or iPad. When we try to pair AirPods with iPhone, iPad, or when we open already paired AirPods near the devices, a window appears on our device’s screen.
This window appears on the screen only when you have authentic AirPods. This feature is dependent on the W1 chip which is a communication chip made by Apple for the AirPods. There is an extremely low chance that fake AirPods can copy this feature.
Follow these steps in order to spot fake AirPods by the use of this trick.
- Charge your AirPods to a sufficient level.
- Turn on the Bluetooth on your iPhone or iPad and bring your AirPods closer to your device. Keep the case of your AirPods open while letting the earbuds stay in the case.
- If you’ve paired your AirPods with your device ever earlier, the battery screen will pop up. This shows that your AirPods are real.
- If you’ve not set up your AirPods with this device before, wait till the connection screen pops up. If the connection screen pops up, your AirPods are totally authentic.
- In case you’ve followed these steps and neither the battery screen appeared nor the connection screen then with no doubt you’ve purchased fake AirPods.
3. By checking manufacturing, packaging, and more
The best ways to check if you’ve got real AirPods are to check through the serial number or try connecting them with your device. However, if you’re looking for more ways by which you check if AirPods are real then you can check the following.
Price: It’s not hidden from anyone that Apple products are expensive. For regular AirPods, the
starting retail price is $159 and the starting retail price for AirPods Pro is $249. So, in case you’ve bought your AirPods Pro for around $50 then there’s a high probability that they are fake.
Wireless charging case: Qi wireless charging is supported by the charging case that comes with the second-generation AirPods and AirPods Pro. It’s highly improbable that fake AirPods could have such an expensive feature. Put your AirPods case on the Qi charging mat in order to check. If your case does not get any power then the answer is loud and clear.
Build quality: Apple makes no compromises with the quality of its products. No seams in the plastic can ever be seen in the authentic Apple products and all the ports and connectors are
super sturdy and tight. Even the white color of its products is clean and bright. So, if you
notice cheaper finishing or loose ports then your AirPods might not be authentic.
Packaging: The packaging quality of Apple products is high just like its products’ quality.
Placements of stickers, printing, etc are all perfect along with tightly fitting boxes. So, poor
packaging might be the earliest indicator of fake AirPods.
Yes, AirPods are worth the money.
Apple AirPods Pro is best.
Yes, AirPods Pro is a truly wireless earphone.
Boost Your Brain in just 20 Seconds 💥