Here, in this article, we will talk about how to clear Recently Played on Spotify. In case you don’t want anyone else to discover what your music preference or music habit is, you can clear the recently played list on your Spotify.
You can do this only if you are using a Windows computer or a Mac because this option is only available in the Spotify desktop app. You cannot clear the recently played list directly from your mobile. But clearing data from the desktop app will erase the data from the mobile app too if the account is linked.
Steps To Clear Recently Played On Spotify
The steps to do this are being mentioned below.
- First, open the Spotify app on your PC or Mac. Click on the ‘Recently Played‘ option from the left-side menu.
- Now, the ‘Recently played’ list will appear and you will get to see the previously played songs, albums, artists, or genres.
- Hover the mouse on one of the covers of the previously played songs. This will show the available options for that particular content. For example, to play the song again or add the song to the ‘Liked songs’ list or remove it from the list.
- Now, click on the Three dots menu from the ‘Recently played’ list to remove the item.
- There an option will be shown ‘Remove from recently played‘. Click on that option. This will remove the item from the recently played list.
Doing this will remove this item from the list even on the other devices too which use the same Spotify account. And yes, this will remove the song from the list on your mobile devices too.
So, these are the steps that you need to follow to clear Recently Played on Spotify. But unfortunately, there is no option to delete every content on the recently played list on one go. So you have to delete each content separately, one at a time. We also wrote an article on how to make playlist folders on Spotify. If you looking for the same, go check it out.
Yes, it is easy to clear the listening history on Spotify.
Yes, Spotify has the ‘Recently Played‘ section.
No, you can’t see what someone is listening to on Spotify.
Boost Your Brain in just 20 Seconds 💥