Here we are again with a new fix of Fortnite game. Are you facing a problem in which Fortnite keeps reinstalling itself?
The first thing you should know that you are not alone here.
And the good thing is that you can fix this issue in no time. Want to know how? Then stay tuned…
As we know every open-world game always has some minor bugs and issues that irritate us most of the time. But don’t worry now you are landed at the platform of Fixing Port that deals with these annoying bugs and problems and gives you the best possible solution to fix these errors.
You can also take a look at our guide for fixing the error of install location in Fortnite.
Why Fortnite keeps Reinstalling itself?
The answer is fun and simple, your Epic game launcher is so dumb and lazy to track the already existing Fortnite folder. There are many reasons why your epic launcher is facing this problem, one of them is frequent installing and uninstalling the game or moving the installation folder.
These could be the main reasons why Epic launcher is unable to find the existing Fortnite folder and will keep on re-installing the game.
Steps to Fix Fortnite Reinstalling Problem
- Navigate to the disk where you have installed the Fortnite game. The default path is
Local Disk C: >> Program Files >> Epic Games >> Fortnite
- You have to Rename the current Fortnite folder to something like FortniteX.
- Now Start the Epic launcher, the launcher probably asking you for installing the game.
- If the installation path is different from the default folder path i.e then Change the installation path to Default.
The default path of Fortnite game usually ends with the word “Fortnite”. This should be the same folder path where we have the FortniteX folder.
- Now click on Install and let the game install a little bit 1% should be enough.
- Close the launcher
- Now when you navigate to the default installation path, You will have two folders FortniteX and Fortnite in Epic games folder.
- You have to Delete the newly created Fortnite folder
- And Rename the FortniteX folder back to Fortnite.
- Now try to launch the Game.
Doing this simply tricks the Epic launcher that it already installed everything. In this way you simply make the launcher think that everything is downloaded.
Finally, you have fixed the issue of Fortnite keeps reinstalling itself, we hope now you are enjoying your game. If this article helps you then feel free to share with your dear and near ones who need it.
Main purpose of “Fixing Port” is to provide an open port from where you can get solutions to all your problems and errors. With Fixing Port, all the fixes are just tap away from you.